Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes M Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-m-class-16/)
-   -   Check Engine light on, weak engine ML320 2000 (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-m-class-16/check-engine-light-weak-engine-ml320-2000-a-3772/)

NedML320 08-05-2005 08:16 PM

RE: Check Engine light on, weak engine ML320 2000

Hi there
I am wondering if you resolved this misfire problem and how ? I am having similar problem with my ML320 2000.
Approciate any feedback you can provide...

seattleml320 08-08-2005 05:36 PM

This just happened to me. 2001 ml320, 38k miles. dealer said I got some bad gas and the fuel line was flushed. The diagnostics plus the cleaning was $400. Then is started happening a week later - worse. Check engine light on, running very rough, pressing gas pedal to floor - not getting acceleration. Dealer then said some of the cylinders were gone and replaced the wiring, etc... another $500. Runs perfectly now.

jmkcrash 08-11-2005 09:08 PM

Could it be that the computer put the car in LIMP HOME MODE?

cdshawn 12-10-2006 06:48 PM

I have had this problem with my 99 ML320 for six months. The problem is, everyone wants to fix it differently. One shop wanted to replace the ignition cables. Another wanted to replace the o2 sensor (these have never worked for long). Mt "check engine"light has been on for seven years. My oil light has been on for two years. The dealership told me to buy a new car six months ago... that it wouldn't run another week. I put 15,000 miles on it since then (currently at 215,000).

The fuel injector comment makes sense - especially since restarting the engine makes the problem go away. If anyone has any other thoughts I would appreciate hearing them.

PS - I am told every week that I purchased the worst Mercedes ever built. Have any of you heard this? The problems have been a pain, but 215,000 miles for $39k isn't bad.

How much should it cost to replace a bad fuel injector?

condep 08-27-2007 04:38 PM

Thanks, Sleepwalker!
I havea similar misfire lost of power problem with my ML320-1999 but no check engine light. It happened 4 times over the past8 months but last monthI have the same problem almost every morning, motor runing on 4-5 cilinders during warm up and I have to turn engine off and on again to solve problem. Yesterday, I added aFuel injector cleanerGumout and todayverything is normal. Doyou think that a professional injector cleaning will solve problem?Do you recommend to replace all fuel injectors?Is there a problem in to use Gumoutfor 2 -3 tanks to try to clean injectors?
We will appreciate your comments.

ghillielad 12-29-2008 01:47 PM

The same fault has happened on my 320,took it to garage,and was told that it had a misfire and had shut down a bank of cylinders.
Anyway they tested spark plugs etc and could not fault that side of equipement. So they suggested a fuel problem or ecu.
I have had mine lpg converted and have taken it to the garage that installed it,but the car conked out when i arrived at the
garage,it had to get pushed inside to finished its journey. So i have a feeling this is going to be painful. By the way happy new year!

jzito 02-06-2011 01:22 PM

Same Problem

I have a 2000 ML320, Bought the OBD2 reader, When the engine is cold, it dosent want to start on the 1st try, it will on a 2nd try, it runs rough until it fully warmed up. I do keep =getting a code P0100, I have replaced the Mas Air Sensor with a rebuilt, was still getting the same code, Replaced it with a new one, Took it to the dealer where they put it on there computer, renormalized the setting, Still having the same code & issue.
Any Ideas??

mbenz80 02-08-2011 12:30 PM

Check your fuel pressure, I believe you need new fuel filter or fuel pump, sometimes just new filter will fix this fuel pressure drop problem. Buy or rent fuel pressure tester, screw it into fuel rail test port and start your engine. At idle, the pressure should be around 58-62psi. Then shut it off and watch that gauge, pressure should not drop under 36psi in 30 minutes. If it goes to zero, you have to crank the engine twice to get the fuel pressure back to starting point 12-16psi minimum.
Good luck,
Bernard

jzito 02-10-2011 06:43 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the reply,Have not thought about that! Sounds like something to work on this weekend...