Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Ceika Coilover kit

Old 12-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Default Ceika Coilover kit

Hey Everyone-

I just wanted to start a thread about coilovers that I will be installing in the next two weeks or so. I ordered them last night from CEIKA | Official website and online store - High quality and Performance car parts - Custom-built Coilovers and Big Brake kits. They are one of the few companies that I found with a developed product for the W164 (2006-2011) ML platform. My OE shocks are tired and starting to leak. I think I've about worn the Internet out searching for replacement options. I feel like all the big box store products (including OE) are so overpriced. Bilstein has been less than helpful in my quest to source a generic shock, so that I could reuse the original mounting hardware (an attempt to reduce insane shock prices). I'm a working class guy and can afford the OE replacements, but if I'm spending over $700 for all 4 shocks why not go all in and replace OE with superior products? I plan on updating this thread with pictures as the project progresses....arrival and installation. When completed, I will do a thorough tech review/write up with pictures. I've found several mentions of this companies products on the sedans but not any SUVs, while cruising the forums. I chatted with customer service, and flushed out the specifics that I wanted in about 10 minutes. I went with the no frills base package (no add-ons). I requested the street fast/ lowering valving and spring rates. If I wanted very specific rates/valves this was easily done. Each of the shocks are dynoed and matched. My hopes are that this thread will help out some of my fellow W164 owners out there. Please feel free to comment, ask questions. I'm just a DIYer mechanic, with some very entry level rally training (O'Neils Rally). I mention this as a background on why I'm into superb handling, and the possibilities of the W164.

Found on EBay (originally):

Ceika Type 1M coilover Suspension Kit 33 Click Bolt on Custom Built Adjustable | eBay

Went directly to their site:

CEIKA | Official website and online store - High quality and Performance car parts - Custom-built Coilovers and Big Brake kits
(used their chat feature - amazing customer service)

CEIKA | Custom Coilover Kit - Type 1M - Mono Tube Inverted
(The kit)

Old 01-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Default Update

Hey Everyone-

Cedric from Ceika contacted me to confirm a shipping phone number and to let me know they are shipping to Kit tomorrow. I'm eager to receive them! I will upload some pictures when they arrive. Stay tuned.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:10 AM
Default Update w/pics

well gentleman they have arrived. Ceika shipped them on the 6th from Tawain, and they arrived to Baltimore on the 7th. Weather permitting, I hope to have these installed this weekend.

The kit:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0up6x

Old 01-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Default Postings

I am down in Calvert County looking at a product from the same company for my 1983 300CD. Have you installed yet? Did you research how robust is the company's replacement part availability? Looking forward to your future postings