Mercedes G and GL Class Mercedes G500 and GL450 SUV.

GL pricing...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Default GL pricing...

Are they moving much on price? I know it's new and it looks like it's going to be very popular. That being said, It is an SUV in a very competitive market. Anyone have guidance on what would be a reasonble expectation? I'm specifically interested in the DC area.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Default RE: GL pricing...

found dealer with couple gl s in s carolina,msrp was65k +, but they re sticking to sticker......guess i ll be waiting awhile....mercedes has braggingrights now being first with diesel suv, other than the jeep liberty with the italian diesel.....

Old 12-31-2006, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: prs6str

Are they moving much on price? I know it's new and it looks like it's going to be very popular. That being said, It is an SUV in a very competitive market. Anyone have guidance on what would be a reasonble expectation? I'm specifically interested in the DC area.
Sorry, I am not familiar with the D.C area auto market. When shopping for my new GL, I went online and found several MB Internet dealers located in large metropolitan “COPETIVE” markets that were willing to deep discount GL’s. I suspect that with the mega bonus Wall Street distributed this year…New York probably is NOT the place to shop!

I have found that I always get a better deal out of my local market area by phone as opposed to visiting the dealership,however, you must know exactly what you are looking for! On several occasions I had the vehicle shipped over a 1,000 miles via enclosed trailer to my front door and still managed to save several thousand dollars from what the local dealership was asking! It pays to shop and this is the time of year to buy!!!!!

Jim

2006 SLR McLaren
2007 GL450

Old 12-31-2006, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheJimer

Sorry, I am not familiar with the D.C area auto market. When shopping for my new GL, I went online and found several MB Internet dealers located in large metropolitan “COPETIVE” markets that were willing to deep discount GL’s. I suspect that with the mega bonus Wall Street distributed this year…New York probably is NOT the place to shop!

I have found that I always get a better deal out of my local market area by phone as opposed to visiting the dealership,however, you must know exactly what you are looking for! On several occasions I had the vehicle shipped over a 1,000 miles via enclosed trailer to my front door and still managed to save several thousand dollars from what the local dealership was asking! It pays to shop and this is the time of year to buy!!!!!

Jim

2006 SLR McLaren
2007 GL450
jim, any link s you could share for those internet dealers ?? i agree with you about the NY area with the xmas bonus's around this area......

thanks ! !

Old 12-31-2006, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: hapaschold

ORIGINAL: TheJimer

Jim

2006 SLR McLaren
2007 GL450
jim, any link s you could share for those internet dealers ?? i agree with you about the NY area with the xmas bonus's around this area......

thanks ! !
hapaschold,
I sent you a PM with the info you requested.

Jim

Old 01-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

mega bonus Wall Street distributed this year
Agreed, 600k in over 20,000 people's pockets will prompt prices to rise greatly. Check with Mercedes of Hagerstown or Prestige Imports. Even cars.com has new cars listed.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM

mercedes g 500 is about 100k

Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 AM

I got $1500 off of MSRP($68,080) on my GL320 CDI in Salt Lake City(Ken Garff Mercedes).

Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 PM

I got mine fully loaded for just under 70K from Euro Motor Cars in Aug. 06.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 AM

I just bought a GL450 in New York.

You're not going to get much off MSRP, at least in the Northeast and at this time of the model year. You might have more luck in August or September if they have inventory to clear, which I doubt will be likely.

First of all, there's not a lot of room between Invoice and Sticker to begin with (five percent or so).

Second, this is definitely a Seller's market for the GL, as demand is high, as anyone who has shopped around in the Luxury Full Size SUV Market knows. I'm a long-time Lexus loyalist (two SC400's) and I was amazed to see that the GL450 blows the LX470 away on every front: from price (where it's a few grand less, comparably configured) to safety to ride to interior to looks.

I got a grand off a $68,700 sticker for a pretty fully loaded vehicle (pretty much everything but the enhanced Cruise Control function). However, the high residual allows for very attractive lease terms, especially if you qualify for the lowest rate, so there's some consolation and you can walk away with a "reasonable" monthly hit.

Quick Reply: GL pricing...