Mercedes G and GL Class Mercedes G500 and GL450 SUV.

Bluetec engine light

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Default Bluetec engine light

I have had the same engine light error code multiple times and it has not be resolved. Someone here suggested contacting Mercedes Benz consumer hotline and they offered a very short warranty extension. I will not be able to sell my car with this issue and Mercedes Benz seems to have no clue how to fix it. What can I do? I can't spend the rest of my life at dealership with the engine light on. I really like the car and the diesel but this is very crazy. Can anyone help me since the "resolution" expert wants me to wait until the next time the light comes and the dealership supposedly turned off inadvertently. Is this really the best Mercedes Benz Customer Service that is out there. Is there someone else I can talk to?

Old 12-15-2017, 12:26 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm not sure what state you live in, but I would suggest looking up the "Lemon Law" - in some states if the same issue comes back enough times; the car can be titled as a Lemon and you can get some reimbursement. Hope this helps you a bit and best of luck! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:50 AM

Has anyone pursued a lemon law against Mercedes? Anyone in Tennessee? I am at a loss where to turn next. Thank you. Does anyone know someone that could do something a Mercedes USA? Help.