Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Default Transmission

Hello

I'm new and I'm not sure how this works but I think I get the drift for the most part.Anyways I'm working on a 2000 mercedes e320 4matic and am getting code p0715 from the obd scan tool. So far, I've replaced the conductor plate which is from a mercedes benz dealer, the connector along with the filter and gasket . However the p0715 code still came up and the car still doesn't shift out of first. I've taken it to the dealer because I was told that it would have to be reset but they had the car from a Saturday to a Tuesday and didn't even touch the car. I mean how hard could it be to hook the star scan tool up. To me that was like telling me my money wasn't good enough. anyways I'm at the point now where I'm about to get the transmission replaced and I'm wondering why I would be able to use the same transmission from a base on a 4matic given there is no transfer case. [/COLOR]

Thanks Amanda

Old 05-16-2017, 01:33 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! According to some quick research, it is not necessary to remove and replace the transmission when getting this code. Take a look below at the possible causes and solutions!

P0715 – Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction

The first thing that you should check is the 13-pin connector plug. This is the electrical wire harness that plugs into the valve body which is inside the transmission. It leaks oil and causes communication problems between the transmission control unit and the sensors on the valve body. This part costs less than $20 and can be found on Amazon. There are DIYs on this fix if you search the web. Hope this helps a bit.