Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my engine belt is tight and making squealing noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Default my engine belt is tight and making squealing noise

hii dear members and admins
let me thank you first for offering us this great forum, as it looks providing helpful information for the mercedes owners.

i have a 1997 e-class elegence, when i bought the car first there was no problem with the engine belt except that it started to get old and have some cracks inside it, i got a new belt from sudan's mercedes dealer (dal motors company), well, the belt is genuine and the same exact size and length with the original old belt (even the same numbers), but when we tried to install it in the car it was very dam tight, we even had to dismantle the shock absorber in order to install the belt, i know that there is belt tightener, we already have another car (1997 e class classic) and the belt is installed easily with this one!!!!!!!.

when i started the car with the new engine belt, it starts making a light squealing which becomes so noisy when i turn on the air condition, and gets higher when i start moving the car.

one of the mercedes benz mechanics was visiting portsudan and i let him to check the car, and he told me that the problem from the belt tightener, i got a new genuine belt tightener, but the same problems exists, i got another engine belt and the same problem exists.

so if any one have another solution please help me, because this problem is driving me crazy

thank you guys for your time and attention