Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mercedes stalling problems fuel stavation???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Default mercedes stalling problems fuel stavation???

ok heres the deal i have a 1992 mercedes benz 2.3 this was my first car until the center suport bearing and the flexdisk broke on the drive shaft. i wasn't nearly as mechanically talented as i am now so i left the car at my uncles and it sat for a year with about a gallon of gas in it. i got it back now and have fixed the driveshaft and was ready to drive away... or so i thought the car has a stalling problem now and the only thing i can think of is fuel problems so i changed the fuel filter and yes that was clogged. took it out and it still stalls however i can rev it in nuetral and redline so it has gas but when i pull the E brake to put a load on it without driving and lightly gave it gas got it to about 2 grand and it tried to go like sat down to try to turn thr tires and then stalled but it starts right back up.

my fuel pumps where making whinning noises so i checked out this program called alldata and it answered that with faulty fuel pump or a clogged screen between the fuel line and fuel distributer so i took that off and cleaned it with a air hose it was clogged aswell but it still stalls i need help badly this is my daily driver so im carless atm. maybe my fuel pumps are clogged and are not providing adequate fuel pressure. sometimes i can get it up to 60mph before it dies sometimes it dies at excelleration and on turns (right hand turns more often than left) if you have any any any thing you could possibly add for me to try i will try it, im trying to go cheap first cause i dont want to drop a couple hundred and the problem still exists. thank you hope to hear from you soon.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Default RE: mercedes stalling problems fuel stavation???

I would suggest replace the fuel filter again just for starters...good luck cliff

Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

Put in a can of seafoam injector cleaner and about a half tank of fuel and let it sit and idle for a bit then drive as normal.That will un goop the lines and hopefully clean the injectors.
ohlord

Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM

i tried the seafoam that was my first reaction to it stalling (sorry for not including that) and i did put in techron fuel system cleaner and sprayed out the throttle body with T.B. cleaner.....

you say change the fuel pump again? i'm willing to try anything i will take it off and blow through it (typical fuel filter test) and see if it feels clogged or more so than it was when it was new. should i try blowing out the lines from the front of the lne just behind the fuel distibutor? and do you thihk its possible there may be slug in the gas tank (granet i put a new gas tank on it when i had it about a year ago.)

thank you guys for your responses maybe you can help me fix this i miss driving expecially this car.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 PM

i said fuel filter again...not the fuel pump...although I would make sure the fuel is reaching the filter in proper level...that would take 2 people though...good luck ...cliff

Old 09-07-2008, 11:29 PM

yeah sorry thats what i ment i said filter the 2nd time. ill work on it tomorrow afternoon and let you know what happens. thank you for your help

Old 09-08-2008, 02:46 PM

ok i checked the filter it is fine what next?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 PM

this is a toughy...however I still feel it's fuel filter related..the filter will not restrict until it's under pressure...once the engine is shut off the pressure is relieved and any sediment will flow back to the tank until the system is represurized due to use..are you sure the new fuel filter was installed in the proper direction? that can make abig difference....just musing here...I reckon the easiest way to tell is pull the main fuel input line to the engine and see...good luck...cliff

Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM

ok i know i put the fuel filter on the right way i payed attention to the one that was on it and have seen others pictures its also labled on the filter (i double checked though just in case) i had someone i know who works on industrial engines weilders generators ect... tell me to due a tune up on it even though i did one on the car before it broke down last year. however i didnt replace the dist. cap and rotor so i might try that. i also had another friend of mine thats a homemechanic tell me i might wanna try cleaning out the gas tank with a hose or whatever and letting to dary to get rid of any bad gas.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 PM

I could see the general tune up solution, I am thinking that's what up with my 300TE...sometime runs excellent and then acts like a dick. I have replace the fuel distributer and coolant sensor and vacum lines and feel it could only be the O2 sensor or the fuel pressure regulator (which I don't think is the issue)...but in the back of my mind I think "this could be a stupid tune-up issue", which is what I would have done back in the day immediately, without further thought, and then I got 'smart' and started overthinking problems...good luck

Quick Reply: mercedes stalling problems fuel stavation???