Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

machine gun door driver side lock

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Thumbs up machine gun door driver side lock

im in oz but was looking around 4 sum answers on my bloodly door lock problem ,when you lock with remote drivers side button goes irradic up an down real fast ,you can hear it and see this as you lock car and sometimes door be unlocked so try again and yes it locked .Read around some MB sites and google some say replace this or this part ,showed my autoelect friend he say usually actuator or some other part .Went home pissed off hearing numbers it will cost $500 + and wont know till panel comes off ,pissed off I mucked around with remote testing locking of car grabbed that button that is up twisted it a bit an locks started working properly 4 a day or two ,then I read about person wrapping tape around button ,you have to unscrew button to do this ,then I saw a guy that jammed a toothpick in beside button and his locks worked ,right ill try on my car 06 e280 no way was toothpick goin to squeeze in button hole so I looked in box of bits an pieces and found hairpin bent it open took plastic lump off straight side of hairpin then I pushed down beside door button try locks and working so I cut piece off hairpin pushed pin in flush 2 top of hole still working came back up after week hairpin so I straightened where I cut hairpin with pliers pushed back down flush with hole then just a bit more down with screwdriver that hairpin still there ,I know it may not last but so far so good and door gadjet cant be knackered if just by making button tighter 2 go up an down so im thinking must be something to be pressure or tension failure but mechanism will work if pressure made harder for button sensor or something anyway im still holding back fixing it properly ,may last for yrs ive been told anyway jus wanted 2 pass on how I made my door lock drivers button work with ladies hairpin FATBOB 08

Old 05-10-2019, 03:54 AM

Passenger face and passenger side of Mercedes-Benz E350 rear both 'machine gun' when trying to lock doors with distant. Manual attempt is unsuccessful as the lock pin will not push down.