Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

haedlamp/foglamp aiming

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Smile haedlamp/foglamp aiming

hi to all, i'm having an issue with my headlamps, i discovered when changing a headlamp bulb, and a foglamp bulb , that my lights are terribly out of adjustment. is there a thread or tutorial on here that could show me the proper way to aim these things? i see how to adjust them, but have no clue where they should be... thx in advance.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM

the adjustment technique would depend on the vehicle you have

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by oakley
hi to all, i'm having an issue with my headlamps, i discovered when changing a headlamp bulb, and a foglamp bulb , that my lights are terribly out of adjustment. is there a thread or tutorial on here that could show me the proper way to aim these things? i see how to adjust them, but have no clue where they should be... thx in advance.
first make sure that the bulb are correctly seated before adjusting the aiming. fog lights have adjustments on the back of them. and headlights have them also//just got to look for them. make sure the car hasnt been in an accident and broken lights or bady shop repairs can cause headlight alignment issues

Last edited by chassis221; 03-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Default headlamp/foglamp aiming

sorry, should have noted it is a 1986 190e SOHC, and all lights are working, and correctly installed. i do see the adjustment screws, but don't know how to "aim" the fogs, or the headlamps for that matter. i have searched to no avail, and i'm sure i've got them close, but i would like to know how close, the fogs seem to be pointing at the front bumper, so to speak. they were all over the place when i first replaced a couple of bulbs, and i've been told park 10 feet from a wall and point them inward from there, but i recall reading somewhere the right, or passenger side light is supposed to shine out a little further than the driver's side. don't know how any adjustments i've made will also affect when i flip on the brights, as it is darker than dark on some of the roads i travel on to and from work @ night... i'm also clueless as to where the fogs are supposed to be! any help would be greatly appreciated! thx