Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prop shaft couplings / flexible couplings

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Default Prop shaft couplings / flexible couplings

Hi all together from Austria!

I entered this forum, because I have a question to all Mercedes Benz drivers from other countries. We have so many problems with faked prop shaft couplings here in Europe. Many dangerous parts from China or Thailand. They all do perfect copies with SGF and Mercedes logo. Is this a topic in the USA too? You install the new “original” disc and after 10.000 miles all is the same like before.
In Europe we have only three brands, that sell the original SGF (www.sgf.de) discs. FEBI, Lemfoerder and Jurid.

What are the information on the US-market about these dangerous fakes. Last year we had two E Class that lost their cardan shaft while driving, because these Chinese copies had no textile inlays, nothing.

Best regards,

Dieter

Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Default RE: Prop shaft couplings / flexible couplings

Hi,

no news about this from America? Where do you buy the discs?

Yesterday I founda picture of a Chinese flexible coupling. Fantastic! Made of bootlace.
Chinese quality is really a funny thing. We prefer the American or German quality.
FEBI, Lemfoerder and Jurid.

Best regards,
Hi,

yesterday I found this picture of a Chinese coupling. Fantastic! Made of bootlace.
Chinese quality is really a funny thing. We prefer the American or German quality.
FEBI, Lemfoerder and Jurid.

Best regards,
Dieter

Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Default RE: Prop shaft couplings / flexible couplings

Now that the fakes have been made public the only sure cure is for everyone to buy these parts direct from Mercedes. It may cost a bit more, but anyone that has ever changed one of these knows that the price of the parts is the easy part! Talk about labor intensive....

Sam