Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e320 gearbox wont change up

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Default e320 gearbox wont change up

Help! ok a brief background as to the problem, i own a e320 v reg saloon reg 1999 ,the auto gearbox will not change up , i think its stuck in 2nd , and when i put my accelarator to the floor it will not rev past 3000 rpm , also when i tried to activate the speedtronic toggle on the steering colomn it flashes up on the computer screen speedtronic prob visit workshop.
I have had probs in the past with the gearbox not changing up , but always managed to rectify it by stopping for a couple of mins with ignition off then restarting and then it would be fine from then on, or starting the car in the morning and leaving it to warm up for 15mins then it would also be ok , but today ive tried those things and its not remiedied it, also when i move the gearshift to the side the gearbox symbol on computer stays on D it used to change to 1 or 2 or 3 etc has anybody any suggestions as to the problel , ie is it serious or is there a simple remedy i can try ..
UPDATE i took it to a local garage , he said he has a diagnostic reader that can diagnose and clear faults , he was busy but said to bring it back the next day, he in the meantime disconnected the mass airflow sensor , saying that that will prob remedy the fault , alass on the drive home it made no difference , so will find out hopefully the problem , ive just been reading up on it , and its in electrical limp home mode ,, ie i get a clunk when i put it in drive,

Last edited by ricardo 62; 02-13-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM

Well good news , he put a snap on solus reader on it and after half an hour of pushing buttons it gave a printout which was greek to me, but hes cleared the faults and hey presto works fine, so far so gud , gt to go bak in a cuple of days wen he said he will analyse the fault codes and explain wat they were , only cost 25 £ not bad i think