Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug Wires, Motor Mounts, Springs, Misc

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Default Plug Wires, Motor Mounts, Springs, Misc

I was told my coil packs needed changing along with the plugs and wires. I sort of had it done in stages, first the plugs, then the coil packs and finally the wires. It idled a little better after the plugs were changed, got a little bit better after the coils and then finally I got to the wires. Well, it sounded much better after I got most of the wires on, but the two on the left side (driver) in the corner are the toughest and I haven't been able to get back those, any suggestions? The idle is better than it was but now I'm thinking when I replaced the coils, at first they were done by a mechanic but he had a problem getting the wires off, so he replaced the ones he could and the rest I ended up doing myself. The idle is still not as smooth as I think it should, so, should I have removed the plugs, cleaned and reset them when I removed the coil packs and replaced the wires.

My next project is replacing the motor mounts and transmission mount. I want to replace the control arm bushings and the ball joints but, I might be taking on a much bigger job than I can handle????? If this is DIY job for a novice like me then maybe I can find an Indie who can replace the springs I mention later in this post.

I just took it in for an oil change and was told at the stealership that there was oil on the outside of the right valve cover and there was oil on lower and upper part of the engine. Any ideas or suggestions what I should be looking for here????

Another thing the stealership mentioned is that the front left spring was broken and it was 4F green. I read on here somewhere that there are certain colors to look for when determining what springs to replace them with.. Can anyone tell me about how much it will cost to replace these things and where is the best place to order them right the first time? And would the 4F also apply to the right side as well and would the color green be the same for right side as well. Whatever information you can provide on this topic would be very helpful. How much for springs? Thank you.