Mercedes CLS Class CLS500 Coupe.

Cls 350 coupe

Old 03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Unhappy Cls 350 coupe

I am reaching the end of my patience with my in car phone, I have the Android HTC WILDFIRE MOBILE PHONE and it is paired with the MBenz audio phone in the car via bluetooth, however it does not seem to be holding the memory and when it asks for external authorisation it seems to stop and will not allow it to be authorised.
I have used 2 codes 1234 and 0000 but I still seems to be having problems, could it be in the car or is it the mobile phone, my mobile also stated PAIRED BUT NOT CONNECTED.
It was OK for a short time and then these problems kicked in

all help will be appreciated

Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Hi Carney
You do not say whether your CLS has COMAND. If it has you need to turn on bluetooth on your mobile and search on you COMAND and once they find each other COMAND will show a code on the screen which you then add into your phone and it should work.
Regards
Black Diesel

Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Default Cls 350 coupe

Originally Posted by Black Diesel
Hi Carney
You do not say whether your CLS has COMAND. If it has you need to turn on bluetooth on your mobile and search on you COMAND and once they find each other COMAND will show a code on the screen which you then add into your phone and it should work.
Regards
Black Diesel
Yes it has COMAND and I have seen a long serial number, I have been adding 1234 or 0000, are you saying I need to add this serial number first , my mobile is telling me its paired but when I choose external authorisation it doesn't like it , this serial number only appears after I have made multiple attempts to apply the external authorisation.
Thanks anyway for your reply I will give it a whirl

Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by carney
Yes it has COMAND and I have seen a long serial number, I have been adding 1234 or 0000, are you saying I need to add this serial number first , my mobile is telling me its paired but when I choose external authorisation it doesn't like it , this serial number only appears after I have made multiple attempts to apply the external authorisation.
Thanks anyway for your reply I will give it a whirl

Mercedes have replaced the complete audio unit , it held the HTC Wildfire mobile phone in the car's memory for a number of hours , next day it had lost it again and is asking for authorisation again, did this, turned the ignition off and switched it back on and yes you have guessed it , it lost the memory again, authorised , switched off and switched on and memory lost again ,what is causing this , pleeeeeeeeeeeze help