Mercedes CLS Class CLS500 Coupe.

Car not starting and running rich..NEED HELPP!

Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 PM
Default Car not starting and running rich..NEED HELPP!

Hey guys
So I have an 07 cls63 I haven’t even had this car for 2 years yet and it’s been in shops more then it’s been out. My latest issue is getting rid of a cel. For the past couple of months I’ve been battling this issue and it has multiple mechanics stumped. I want to make taking it to the dealer a last and final resort. So here goessss.... my first cel were for ignition coils on a few cylinders as the car was misfiring sometimes very hard so most of the coils have been changed and so have all the spark plugs. Once that was done the cel came back with a new code for running rich on bank 1 and 2. Along with this problem the car is still slightly misfiring AND at times DOES NOT START! It will crank but will not start unless I keep trying and I have to constantly rev it while turning the key. When it finally does turn on it will misfire very hard until it “levels out” then goes back to a regular soft misfire. I’ve experienced it not starting more then 5 times at this point. In the last month I’ve done an oil change, changed all spark plugs, changed most coils, had my maf sensors checked cleaned and switched to see if anything folllowed, had fuel injectors checked, had intake seals changed and valve cover gaskets done as well as changing a part that helps with vacuum leaks. (Can’t remember what the part is called) if anyone can offer any help it’s grealty appreciated. I love the look and feel of this car and really don’t want to get rid of it. I was told by one mechanic that there could be a computer problem I’m also looking into changing the upstream O2 sensors but haven’t done it yet. It will be done this week