Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Help?? losing power

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Default Help?? losing power

Hi,

Just noticed I posted in newbie section and noticed I am wrong for doing this!! oops sorry[&:]

Just started happening lately with my CLK 230 Sport on a R plate.
Sometimes drives fine then other times it will start to lose power, it lurches then pickes up.
One Motorway I can get to 80mph but then if you ask more it will lurch and lose power then it will have a surge and more power will come through....help whats happening and what do I need replacing????[]any info greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Suzi-Guns

Old 07-07-2007, 05:44 PM
NAZ
Default RE: Help?? losing power

sounds more like air mass sensor on lack of power,you need to have the diag done and take it from there let nome wat fault codes it comes up pls

Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 PM

is there any trouble lite on on your dash? like check engine or etc?

Old 07-08-2007, 07:57 AM

Hey NAZ and BURBANK....thanks so much for your posts.

Theres no lights on at all on the dash???? plus I have changed the Air Flow Sensor this week and actually with the new one on its running worse???????????? HELP guys.....what now?????????????????[]

SUZI-GUNS
X

Old 07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
NAZ

check sprak plugs for any hair line cracks that wouid cos such a problem.... let me no hw u gt on

Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Hi Naz,

Cheers for that, meant to delving into the probs tomorrow night so will let you know how things go, really appreciate the help that you posting through.

Kindest Regards

Suzi-Guns
xx

Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM

I was having the same problem. Got my mass air flow sensor replaced and power was replaced!!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 AM

Hi.

Ive got similar problem on my 2000 CLK 200 kompressor. I suddenly loose power. Its like i dont have the kompressor anymore. Ive changed the air mass meter, ive changed lambasonds on cat. Ive also changed sparkplugs, done nomerous diagnostics, and no one seems to find the problem.

Ive had the "engine diagnostic" light come one most of the times, but this time no warning lights, just lack of power like the other times.

A friend of mine tipped me that i should do a vacum check. Which is next on my to do list.

Merc dealer want to change parts for 2000$, but they are not sure if that helps. T

Anyone who can help me who had similar problem and succeeded ?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Default update

Just want to give an update on my car.

In November I was at my MB dealer for a diagnostic check. Came up with fault on a return valve + O2 sensor for the boost pressure. They wanted to change it, but they wasnt sure it was the real problem.

So i told them I would like to drive my car until another "Engine diagnostic light" would return, so I could compare the faultcodes.

And in late desember I noticed lack of power on my car, but no light.
Until end of january, the light finaly came on.
Fearing my head gasket also was blown due to white residue on oilfillercap I went to my MB dealer again for checks.

On the diagnostic test they found a leaking vacume hose. Which they changed, and all is well so far. This was the first thing a friend whos a mechanic told me, that most of the times its a vacume hose leaking, which has something to do with all other things when an error/fault occurs.

Anyways, hope this helps.

Best Regards Anders