Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Driver seat won't move

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 PM

If you didn't get this fixed then it could be that it just needs to be reset. I had the same thing happen and there is a process for setting the seat parameters when a seat is newly fitted - this process needs to be followed. Unfortunately I cannot remember what the process is but that should be easy enough to find on here or Google.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:44 PM

stang0303, What did you determine to be your power seat control problem? My 2001 CLK320 is doing the same exact thing so I assume what ever you did is what I need to do. My driver seat won't move fwd/aft and the rear part of the the up/down won't work. I removed the connector and applied 12VDC directly to the motor connector sockets and got it to move. So obviously it's not a bad motor issue, which I doubted since two simultaneous separate motor failures is not likely. I replaced the control module with an eBay used one and didn't fix it. Fuses are all OK. I hear a click below the seat when pushing the switches so I doub't the switch is bad. So anybody have any clues? I'm almost out of ideas. Door switch? I don't have a good wire schematic. Thanks guys.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Default Did you ever figure this out?

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue with my 03 CLK330 Convertible.Thx!-dw
Originally Posted by Patrick Hill
stang0303, What did you determine to be your power seat control problem? My 2001 CLK320 is doing the same exact thing so I assume what ever you did is what I need to do. My driver seat won't move fwd/aft and the rear part of the the up/down won't work. I removed the connector and applied 12VDC directly to the motor connector sockets and got it to move. So obviously it's not a bad motor issue, which I doubted since two simultaneous separate motor failures is not likely. I replaced the control module with an eBay used one and didn't fix it. Fuses are all OK. I hear a click below the seat when pushing the switches so I doub't the switch is bad. So anybody have any clues? I'm almost out of ideas. Door switch? I don't have a good wire schematic. Thanks guys.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:20 PM
Default Question

Originally Posted by stang0303
Driver seat won't move fore/aft. I've been reseraching it all day. checked the fuses under the hood and trunk. everything else on the seat works except for forward backwords and rear of seat up and down. When i push the button i listen for a click but don't hear anything. Im thinking its the motors but don't want to spend over $100 if the motors are not the problem. Does anyone know what do to to know exactly what it is going on here.
Thanks
I have the same problem is there anyway you can explain how you moved it better maybe even text me a picture of were you out the grips at ? 757-839-6690 just text me soon as you see this need help asap

Old 12-21-2021, 08:49 AM
Default Passenger seat won't move 2000 320 CLK

Originally Posted by Drip Kobe
I have the same problem is there anyway you can explain how you moved it better maybe even text me a picture of were you out the grips at ? 757-839-6690 just text me soon as you see this need help asap
I am having the same problem with the passenger seat. Moves every other direction fine except forward and backward. I have tried replacing all the fuses under the hood and in the trunk to no avail. Can hear it clicking when I try moving it forward and backward. Have tried raising and lowering the seat all the way, same thing. Does someone know anything about resetting the seat mechanism? Don't want to spend any money on this car if I can help it!