Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes CLK Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/)
-   -   Driver seat won't move (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/driver-seat-wont-move-51165/)

stang0303 04-07-2012 06:00 PM

Driver seat won't move

Driver seat won't move fore/aft. I've been reseraching it all day. checked the fuses under the hood and trunk. everything else on the seat works except for forward backwords and rear of seat up and down. When i push the button i listen for a click but don't hear anything. Im thinking its the motors but don't want to spend over $100 if the motors are not the problem. Does anyone know what do to to know exactly what it is going on here. Thanks

chassis221 04-07-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by stang0303 (Post 157259)
Driver seat won't move fore/aft. I've been reseraching it all day. checked the fuses under the hood and trunk. everything else on the seat works except for forward backwords and rear of seat up and down. When i push the button i listen for a click but don't hear anything. Im thinking its the motors but don't want to spend over $100 if the motors are not the problem. Does anyone know what do to to know exactly what it is going on here. Thanks

if youre sure the fuses are good...next thing to do is to move the seat up and down in the front and back of the seat all the way. also the seat back. and headrest. sometimes if the seat doesnt see the seat parameters some fuctions wont work. try pulling the fuses for the seats and putting them back in. try jiggling the switch maybe the switch is going bad. also make sure the seat back is properly latched.

stang0303 04-07-2012 06:43 PM

just tried all that still nothing. biggest thing i hate here is im 6'1 and the seat is up as if someone needed room in the back. very uncomfortable to drive. I like to drive with my seat all the way back. the other thing that doesn't work when you go to pull it forward to have someone climb in the back. it doesn't move either

chassis221 04-08-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by stang0303 (Post 157261)
just tried all that still nothing. biggest thing i hate here is im 6'1 and the seat is up as if someone needed room in the back. very uncomfortable to drive. I like to drive with my seat all the way back. the other thing that doesn't work when you go to pull it forward to have someone climb in the back. it doesn't move either

go under the front of the seat, and unplug the larger connector and plug back in. if you unplug he wrong connection you could turn on the srs airbag light. sounds like you might have a bad motor. in most cases tho...thats not the problem.

stang0303 04-08-2012 01:43 PM

I just unplugged and plugged back in the big connector on the control unit i believe and it still does the same thing. fore/aft don't work and rear seat up and down don't work. :confused:

chassis221 04-08-2012 03:16 PM

be sure to double check the fuses for seats. do you have the fuse chart? there are a few fuses for the seats. Im 6'1'' also and i need the seat all the way back also. some of the Benz car seats dont go back far enough for me. C class and SL mostly.

stang0303 04-08-2012 04:41 PM

yeah i double checked them they are all good. only thing i wasn't sure of is the fuses on the side of the dash. there was no slip to tell which where which. Are any of the seat fuses in there. Only ones i double checked where under the hood and the and the trunk

chassis221 04-08-2012 06:03 PM

yes there are.well i think there are some there. . just pull them and look at them. or you can look at them with a flash light. i can usually just look and tell they are blown without even pulling them out.

Jewjenk 04-11-2012 02:41 PM

You don't say what year your car is, but there is a common problem to these cars, it's called the seat control module....................If your seat goes up and down and the headrest moves then this could be your problem.................................

Amazon.com: Mercedes Benz OE Power Seat Control Unit (Driver Side) - MB OE #: 2118704626 - Fits: C230, C240, C32 AMG, C320, CLK350, CLK500, CLK55 AMG, CLK550, CLK63 AMG, E320, E500. E55 AMG: Automotive

stang0303 04-12-2012 04:07 AM

My car is a 1998 CLK 320. Yesterday I did the steps on taking the motor out. I hooked up some leads to the positive and negative side of the motor and it worked fine. Now I'm thinking the track had something to do with whatever it is that is broke. The reason I'm blaming the track is when I went to move the seat back manually it was very hard to do. I wasn't sure how to move it back manually but what i did was, I took some vise grips clamped them on the center of the shaft and had to forcefully move it back at times rocking it back and forth just for it to move. I'm thinking maybe a coin got stuck in the track or just something is messed up with it. Unless I'm doing something wrong?? I ended up just leaving the motor out for now. I would eventually like to get this fixed though.