Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes CLK Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/)
-   -   Are CLK500's really that expensive to own? (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/clk500s-really-expensive-own-27630/)

virgsclk 03-07-2008 09:36 AM

Are CLK500's really that expensive to own?

I'm looking for a CLK500 (03-05), but from what I've been reading, and hearing, is that these car are really expensive to keep up.

Arethese cars really that bad if you know your way around a garage?
I really like the car, but I'm just getting a little nervous.

Thanks

CLK500KID 03-07-2008 12:19 PM

RE: Are CLK500's really that expensive to own?

NO way, if you know your way around tools its not bad at all. I got a 2004 clk500 nuttin went wrong, execpt the cats which were under warr. My brother has a 2003 e500 and thats a nightmare with all the electronics and air suspension. Good luck

BlueSilver 03-08-2008 12:30 PM

Good question, but a "reletive" one. Reletive to what you consider to be expensive, and reletive to how good of a car you pick. You can imagine the difference betwen a MB that has never missed a service or hit a curb compared to one that has never had an oil change or caring service. It is possible to get an abused anddamaged car that will be nothing but trouble. But it is also possible to get someone's pampered pet car. You have to make that determination, with some help. Generally speaking, a well maintained car will have clean carpets, good wax work, quality tires, no missing parts or trim, clean oil and engine. Cars that have been penny pinched, wrecked, or abused tend to show it. For example it is difficult to believe that an owner changed the oil on time when thecar is wearing cheapo tires,is missing trim, and is still behind on other repairs.

I think the key to keeping the car economical is taking care of it by changing the oil on time, avoiding collisions, driving reasonably withoutracing too much, and getting little things fixed before they turn into big things.

Blue

DoubleNickle 03-25-2008 10:21 PM

HAHA I love how you said not racing TO MUCH!

MADCF 04-13-2008 05:04 AM

bump!!:D

2fast4u_c280 04-21-2008 10:26 PM

get a repair manual its cheaper.

MsKGB 05-15-2008 05:10 AM

Mercedes builds JUNK!!! The car looks Great, no doubt, but "Made in China!" that says it all... And the prices they ask forthem makes me angrier, we only pay for the logo, that's all!Traded my BMW5 for red on beige CLK5 cabriolet, for looks and that alone... It looks good on the outside, runs fast, comfy seats but that's about it... It can't even come CLOSE to BM technology.All plastic, plastic and more plastic, stereo the Worst out ona market, when driving it whistles,rattles and shakes, shakes, whistlesand rattles.Oh,it surewill accelarate to 100 fast, no question, butprey you don't hit any bumps cz believe me you are gonna feel everybit of it.Every small bump and you feel like the car is just gonna fall apart. Can't comparetoa safety feeling I felt in my BM530, the traction control was amazing. This CLK is like driving in an aluminun can. So very disapponted and ashamed for Benz! They must concetrate on tork and not the horsepower. Back to BM very soon... Good bye Mercedes FOREEEEEEEEEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selavi!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikelmco 05-15-2008 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MsKGB

Mercedes builds JUNK!!! The car looks Great, no doubt, but "Made in China!" that says it all... And the prices they ask forthem makes me angrier, we only pay for the logo...........................
So tell us how you really feel.

MsKGB 05-15-2008 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mikelmco

So tell us how you really feel.

"To be or not to be, there is a question"... Haha, funny guy...

mikelmco 05-15-2008 05:22 PM

It is good to have a sense of humor.