Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes CLK Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/)
-   -   CLK320 Cutting out & will not start right away (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-clk-class-12/clk320-cutting-out-will-not-start-right-away-59525/)

colbrit 05-10-2019 11:39 PM

CLK320 Cutting out & will not start right away

Hello there, I'm a new comer to your forum and am hoping you can help me with my 2004 CLK320 that keeps cutting out. I purchased this vehicle a couple of months ago and apart from this one problem I am very happy with it.

For some reason it will cut out (the engine is warm) and refuses to start. It will crank over and over but not fire up. Some times it will start within 5mts. and other times 30mts. So it dose eventually start. The fuel tank has always had plenty of fuel and it wont start in either park or neutral. The vehicle has only travelled 97,000 klms and so has not done a lot of work.

I am concerned it will let me down while passing another vehicle and am reluctant to drive it now. It happened today at traffic lights and fortunately two guys pushed me to the side of the road. This is about the forth time it has happened so I realise I am having to do something drastic and no I don’t need a match just yet.

Any help with regards to what might be the cause would be appreciated. Regards Colin

Mr B JuX 07-20-2022 08:23 AM

You need a CPS

Originally Posted by colbrit (Post 177702)
Hello there, I'm a new comer to your forum and am hoping you can help me with my 2004 CLK320 that keeps cutting out. I purchased this vehicle a couple of months ago and apart from this one problem I am very happy with it.

For some reason it will cut out (the engine is warm) and refuses to start. It will crank over and over but not fire up. Some times it will start within 5mts. and other times 30mts. So it dose eventually start. The fuel tank has always had plenty of fuel and it wont start in either park or neutral. The vehicle has only travelled 97,000 klms and so has not done a lot of work.

I am concerned it will let me down while passing another vehicle and am reluctant to drive it now. It happened today at traffic lights and fortunately two guys pushed me to the side of the road. This is about the forth time it has happened so I realise I am having to do something drastic and no I don’t need a match just yet.

Any help with regards to what might be the cause would be appreciated. Regards Colin

you need a crankshaft position sensor. Had this problem. Maybe in combination with a brand new battery too, I had to change both and now my 2003 clk320 runs perfect again

mac 4 08-08-2022 06:22 PM

Get it scaned for fault codes as above most likely one of engine sensors , Ihad same thing on ,y BMW & replaced both cam & crank senors .. Check out Ebay for replacements I got new dash LED displays off E bay $45 repairer said would be $350 so beware