Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Air blower switches on after engine off

Old 01-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Default Air blower switches on after engine off

Hi,

Vehicle: CLK 2001 Elegance 2 door coupe kompressor 195bhp
Recently during the winter months, my cabin air blower was stuck on max air flow with the rotational speed dial not responding even when key was removed. The only was to stop it was to remove fuse #25 which was the air blower fuse.
I recently took out the pollen filter which was soaked and dried everything out and changed the air blower regulator (the resistor under the air blower) and put everything back together again. I also cleaned out the windshield reservoir drain under the bonnet on passenger side which was a little blocked with organic waste and dirt.
The solution semi worked as now I have fan speed control on my air blower, however, after switching off the engine, the air blower again comes on, but at very low speed. Also, when I press air recirculation button on the control panel, it seems to activate and turn up the speed of the air blower. Again, the only way to make it stop is to remove fuse #25. I purchased from what I believe was the same regulator from ebay. I highly doubt the new regulator is faulty? Is there anything else that could be wrong? Any easy way for me to check? I do not have voltometers to check if there is voltage on the cables being supplied when the engine is off.

Thanks very much for helping.
Stefan

Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 AM

Also I forgot to mention, that now with new regulator installed, when car is turned on, everything works perfectly normal. Every single feature like the problem does not exist.