All of the warning lights start flashing when A160 started cold.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Exclamation All of the warning lights start flashing when A160 started cold.

Hi.
I just joined this forum in hope that someone can help me out on this issue.

I got Mercedes A160 1999. Lately I experience some weird stuff.
When I start the car in the morning it starts easily but all of the warning lights like ABS, ASR, Brake pads level and so on.. will start flashing beside ESP light which stays on. Also the tachometer arrow starts to go up and down randomly. After a while there is only ESP light stays on and the car drives normally.

However if I try to restart the car it would not start. I can hear that the starter tries to engage but not turning the engine over and after a couple of tries will start no problem and ESP light will go off as well and the car restarts properly after that. Also when the car at idle in neutral/park the engine surges and when in gear at idle it vibrates.

Another problem is when driving at night with lights on on dashboard the right indicator lights up dimly and stays like that and horn would not work as well as I can't hear indicator ticking sound when turning. If I press the horn 2, 3 times it starts working and the right indicator goes off as well. Everything returns to normal.

My guess is there is a problem some relay or wiring and don't want to think the worst that my ecu fried

Did anybody came across such an issue before? Any advice I would really appreciate it :bowdown:
My head hearts from thinking what can cause such a big issue.