Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

vibration and noises - pls help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Unhappy vibration and noises - pls help

Hi, every MB lovers!

My 2002 CL500 got a couple problems;
1. Front end vibrate (feels like up and down vibration): What front end vibrating occuring when the car pass 63 mph, I can feel bad front end vibrate through whole my body also right side seat too, especially it's more strong around 80 mph, also it's more bad when decceleration around 80 mph. Actually it's not coming through steering wheel. I have been several times checked alignment and wheel/tire balances but it's not help yet. I am going to change motor mount and transmission mount this week to see if it's helping this. F.I.Y; I changed the front tires because the right front tire was bad worn outer, also it's same before that tires was changed too.

2. Noise coming from left (driver's side) front shock: It is always occuring when the car (engine) is cold and winter season. It's gone when the car warmed up enough after driving for while (10-20 minutes).

3. Both side of front turning signal lights are not working: The other all turning signal lights are working perfectly. I changed the bulbs and clean its sockets too but nothing helped yet.

Please give any advises to me would be much thanks. Have a nice day.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 PM

you need the repair harness from Benz that is available over the parts counter..its for the turn signal repair. if the parts people are knowlegable they will know what your talking about. the socket for your turnsiganl goes bad and then there is no ground, so this harness makes a new ground and a new grounding point on the body. as far as you front end noise have you gone to a dealer to get it checked cause i cant believe they can find anything. probably lower control arm bushings broken and scraping metal to metal on the subframe or bent rims.. if you feel vibration in the seat then the problem is generally from the rear tires or the trans mount.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Smile Thanks a lot!

Hi!

Thank you so much for your tips and it gives me much help. Thanks and have a nice day.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Paul, your vibration at 63mph is most probably wheel balance. Brake rotors in need of replacement also can cause this problem. When I replaced brake rotors and pads and got new tires, replaced 2 bent wheels, my CL drove smooth as silk!

The knocking up front is most probably control arm bushings.

Good luck, and remember, you can't skimp on this car. Gotta spend some $$ to keep it the luxurious and classy automobile that it is.