Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes CL Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-cl-class-13/)
-   -   Misc 2002 CL55 (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-cl-class-13/misc-2002-cl55-52942/)

chazcon 02-24-2013 03:24 PM

Misc 2002 CL55

Hello all,

Looking for some info, advice and parts for my 2002 CL55:

- Car came with no owner's manuals of any kind, I have found the Operator's Manual online, what other manuals and documents would come with this car when new? Trying to compile a complete list and then I can go searching.
- This car has Brabus door sill plates, steering wheel and the rear AMG emblem has been replaced with BRABUS. Now, how do I know what else beyond this may be a Brabus part? I can't imagine just putting a nameplate on it for the old ego alone... But to each their own. I wonder if there were Brabus 'packages' etc.
- Looking for original sales and marketing brochures, etc for this car, putting together a sort of coffee table book.
- Looking for a matching original AMG wheel to use for the spare - should it fit. Where is the best spot to find one of these?
- Two plastic parts needed - best to go to a dealership for these? Or is there a good aftermarket company that would carry these? a) Small lid for pens, cards etc inside glovebox lid - b) plastic bit at RH side of passenger seat to cover mechanicals.
- Popular question I'm sure - best way to integrate my Android cell phone into the stock hands-free system via Bluetooth. Is there an adaptor bit that 'plugs in' to where the factory cell phone goes in the upper console space?
- Nav system - redundant in 2013 with the newer (better?) GPS nav we all have on our cell phones?
- Designo packages - how does one know if a car has a designo pkg, in lieu of any original documentation?

Jazzydrummer 03-11-2013 07:17 PM

Hi! I'd just like to add on to your question. Is there a manual (or add on) just for the AMG sports package? I'm also looking for a 2002 CL 500 manual but I can always resort to my dads 2001 manual. (he never read it anyway!)

chassis221 03-11-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by chazcon (Post 161951)
Hello all,

Looking for some info, advice and parts for my 2002 CL55:

- Car came with no owner's manuals of any kind, I have found the Operator's Manual online, what other manuals and documents would come with this car when new? Trying to compile a complete list and then I can go searching.
- This car has Brabus door sill plates, steering wheel and the rear AMG emblem has been replaced with BRABUS. Now, how do I know what else beyond this may be a Brabus part? I can't imagine just putting a nameplate on it for the old ego alone... But to each their own. I wonder if there were Brabus 'packages' etc.
- Looking for original sales and marketing brochures, etc for this car, putting together a sort of coffee table book.
- Looking for a matching original AMG wheel to use for the spare - should it fit. Where is the best spot to find one of these?
- Two plastic parts needed - best to go to a dealership for these? Or is there a good aftermarket company that would carry these? a) Small lid for pens, cards etc inside glovebox lid - b) plastic bit at RH side of passenger seat to cover mechanicals.
- Popular question I'm sure - best way to integrate my Android cell phone into the stock hands-free system via Bluetooth. Is there an adaptor bit that 'plugs in' to where the factory cell phone goes in the upper console space?
- Nav system - redundant in 2013 with the newer (better?) GPS nav we all have on our cell phones?
- Designo packages - how does one know if a car has a designo pkg, in lieu of any original documentation?

if it has designo package. it is usually...or always embeded into the seat backs or headrests. and designo is usually a very unusual color or design to the leather.
Your spare tire AMG wheel..look on the back of the wheel spokes, you should see a part # 215-401-**-**
401 will definately be in the part # , then you can use that part # to find what you want. there sare so many differnt AMG wheels that will look the same as the ones you have, they vary in wheel diameter, and spoke style with very little differences.

chazcon 03-12-2013 10:29 AM

Here is a link to owner's manuals, if there is also a specific AMG manual, I haven't found it yet. But I'd like to!

Note I downloaded and printed off the Operator's Manual and the COMAND manual, on 8-1/2" X 11" landscape mode, double sided and together they are thick as a phone book. Great information in there. How to do a car owner's manual right.

Jazzydrummer 03-13-2013 04:36 AM

No link here

Thanks for your reply but there is no link here!

chazcon 03-16-2013 05:52 PM

Oh my bad, here: Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class