Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration/Rough Idle at stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Exclamation Vibration/Rough Idle at stop

Hey all, I just purchased a 1998 C280 Sport and love it so far! I am however having a problem I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with. I was getting three codes, P0110 (IAT sensor), P0410 (secondary air injection system), and P0100 (MAF). The MAF was because I unplugged to see if it would run smooth w/o it. The other two have since gone away since I found 2 broken vacuum lines going to some sort of tiny canister by the belt. I plugged off both, and the light has gone off (I will be getting the new part on Monday if the dealer has it in stock). I still however have a vibration that is most apparent in drive at idle with no check engine light on. In park its rarely felt, and less noticeable in neutral and reverse. As soon as the car hits 700-1000rpm it smooths right out, and I do not feel the vibration at all when driving, even when putting stress on the motor. I am thinking it may be a motor/transmission mount; however put it on a lift today and had a mechanic watch it while i revved the engine in drive, but he couldnt notice a difference in any mounts. My only other thought is it may be that the timing is off? but i would think i would be getting a code for that. Any input is greatly appreciated! I can/will repost with any other additional information required, Thanks!