Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Scraped under front area

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Default Scraped under front area

One of the two drivers of our new 2005 C230K Kompressor, and I will not mention which one although she probably will not read this thread, drove up the curb "a liitle." Beautiful black paint is scraped under the cowling, all the way across the front. Can't really see it from eye level, but I wolud like the get it fixed. What to do?? Also, is there some kind of protectant for that area. Don't tell me no-one has ever done this. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Default RE: Scraped under front area

Any good bodyshop can repaint the cowling, it is plastic so the prep is most important. Where you describe, they might be able to "blow" the area if they have a lift. Just remember go to a good shop as plastic needs flex agents in order for the paint not to crack as time goes on. Wasn't that a name of a song As Time Goes On, or was it As Time Goes By?

Old 10-30-2005, 12:46 AM

I drive a 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan as well and I know what you mean... I've scraped mine a few times. You really don't need to take it to any shop... I've used the touch-up paint I bought from MB dealer.. it does a great job....

Old 10-31-2005, 10:41 PM

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I have a 2006 C230 Silver. I first scraped it a couple of weeks ago just on one corner. It was a drainage curb. The 2nd time I did it was in a couple of places across the front. You would think I would learn. I haven't got the nerve up to tell my husband yet. He warned me against it. The car is so low that it's easy to do. I am just trying to forget it's there. It makes me sick if I think about it.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM

*cough* and people wonder why i dont let my gf drive my car *cough*

Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 AM

It's a sacrificial part. Better to scrape that than plant suspension parts on a curb.

My car always sticks out of parking spaces farther than anyone else's. I don't want to sacrifice mine.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: C280

*cough* and people wonder why i dont let my gf drive my car *cough*
I bought my DW an SUV.
The spoiler is having like 1-foot clerance.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

It's a sacrificial part. Better to scrape that than plant suspension parts on a curb.
Good Point!! I did a little touch-up and it l;ooks better. Oh well. My Jeep gets it a lot worse than what the Mercedes does. We park farther away now.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: amyrose

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I have a 2006 C230 Silver. I first scraped it a couple of weeks ago just on one corner. It was a drainage curb. The 2nd time I did it was in a couple of places across the front. You would think I would learn. I haven't got the nerve up to tell my husband yet. He warned me against it. The car is so low that it's easy to do. I am just trying to forget it's there. It makes me sick if I think about it.
If he says anything then just tell him you want a Jeep to "tear up" and maybe he'll feel better.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:23 PM

He really can't say much about it. He has been hit by a golf cart (I still haven't quit laughing about that one) and backed into our closed garage. He blamed that one on me. He said I distracted him.

Quick Reply: Scraped under front area