Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes C Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/)
-   -   radio not working c300 (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/radio-not-working-c300-51621/)

Neil Roach 06-27-2012 08:44 PM

radio not working c300

my radio is not working,, no sound ,,,all lights and display are on ,,,,when trying to adjust balance fade or such,, all are showing 0 and when adjusting volume nothing changes on display as if the volume button isn't working fuses checked both of them

Saluki91 07-18-2012 05:06 AM

We are experiencing similar issues with our 2012 C300 radio... all the lights are on, but nobody is home - No volume. The system responds to voice commands, and functions properly in all radio/audio modes. All displays function normally. We just can't hear it.

When this happened (in another city - 150 miles from our dealer), we pulled into a MB dealership just as the service dept. was closing (naturally). After a minute or two of fiddling with it, the service tech told us he thinks ours is a problem he has seen before - probably a bug in the software.

I'll advise if I learn more.

Good luck!

Saluki91 07-20-2012 12:33 PM

Word from the dealership is that the whole unit will have to be replaced. The software "fix" did not work.

By the time it is fixed, we will have been without a radio for two weeks, and I will have about six hours of seat time in the dealership...

The car has a whopping 4K miles. Needless to say, we are not impressed.

carowner123 06-24-2014 02:47 PM

Radio does not work

My 2013 C300 has about 5K miles on it and the radio/screen does not turn off occasionally (even without the key in the ignition and locked the car). Does anyone else have similar problems? I have taken to the mercedes dealiership twice and they told me it's not fixable and I should only use apple products for bluetooth, no androids (that's a stupid suggestion).

Sebas61616 04-29-2017 05:14 PM

My Radio Make sound but all buttons no response

My Radio was working but all lights and display are not working and all the buttons on the radio no response and can't turn off the radio with the Power Button. To change stations I had to use control knob or the dial. So everything works from the Dial Knob. Why ????

PelicanParts.com 05-01-2017 04:00 PM

Has anyone had their car's codes ran from the DTC? It'll give you guys a great place to start troubleshooting.

Sebas61616 05-01-2017 04:28 PM

Radio not working C300

Thank you for your reply but what is DTC ?

PelicanParts.com 05-02-2017 11:12 AM

This is a list of Mercedes-Benz specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) or also known as engine fault codes.

Sebas61616 05-02-2017 11:48 AM

No Code Show Up

Thanks for reply. I didn't do a diagnostic on my car and there is no code pop up on the screen to check it either . I'd check all fuses they are all good. And I disconnected the battery also. It was strange that I could play the Cd but then I can't eject it out . I will take it to Mercedes dealer to have it check someday .

PelicanParts.com 05-02-2017 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sebas61616 (Post 173049)
Thanks for reply. I didn't do a diagnostic on my car and there is no code pop up on the screen to check it either . I'd check all fuses they are all good. And I disconnected the battery also. It was strange that I could play the Cd but then I can't eject it out . I will take it to Mercedes dealer to have it check someday .

Sounds good! The code itself wouldn't be displayed on the screen, but would show up once the dealer plugs your car into the diagnostic tool. If the cd plays, but doesn't eject; that could be an issue with the module itself. Best of luck!