Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Fan stays on= Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Default Radio Fan stays on= Dead Battery

Well I have been having this problem for quite sometime now... I own a 2001 C320 and am new to the forums... I tried searching under many different ways of wording this but cant seem to find anything. When I shut my vehicle off, the fan in the radio stay on until the battery is completly toast. Ive already ruled out the electronic seats cuz they are both unplugged and the battery is still dead when I let it sit over night. Is there a way to disconnect the fan or whatever is making that noise in the radio? I currently have my dash appart and am wonding if there is a wire that I can cut that will stop that current of power or sometype of relay? Thanks in advance and hope someone can help this problem

Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Default RE: Radio Fan stays on= Dead Battery

I haven't tested this yet on a Benz so your milage may vary but it seems that your temp switch is faulty. Let me know if you need further explanations.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Radio Fan stays on= Dead Battery

I had the same problem. It's probably your seat control module under each seat.
Take your car to a Mercedes mechanic who has proper diagnostic tools for the electrical system, I think it's called the CAN?

Anyways, if they disconnect each of the seat modules and then check the current draw, they should see it drop drastically.
I had one mechanic say I had to replace my entire COMMAND system and then I researched it here and had him test it with the seat module disconnected. THAT was the answer.

I then took it to a DIFFERENT mechanic and got the set module replaced for about $150 or so. No more problems.

Hope this works for you.

now my A/C compressor is malfunctioning.

Always,

Gramma_Benz

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Anyone solved this? I need this fixed really bad. Same exact thing, fan inside Nav/Radio keeps on spinning the whole time. took the whole thing apart but can not find the fault. for now im driving without the radio and pulled fuse #64. I have a 2004 CLK500. Please contact me or leave an answer on this blog since i am running out of options and driving to work half an hour in the morning without radio drives me crazy.
Thank You

Old 09-07-2014, 01:28 AM

seems like the comand (radio/nav) will not go in sleep mode if there is a draw somewhere. Mine was the horn fuse 43 and after pulling it out the comand doesnt keep that fan on in the back of it. Now i have to fix the issue with the horn.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Hi Can someone please clarify - I have a problem with the COMAND module drawing power when ignition is switched off and fan continues running. My garage says the COMAND module is faulty and need replacing (too expensive!) but comments above suggest it might be something else i.e. the horn?