Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes C Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/)
-   -   Keyless Entry Inop (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/keyless-entry-inop-4280/)

gte811f 03-23-2005 11:44 PM

Keyless Entry Inop

Have a 96 C280 and as I was getting out of the car I thought I'd try to lock the doors using the remote while the driver door was still open. Well, the other three doors locked but the driver door did not. I closed the door and tried the remote again and it wouldn't work. Later on I looked at the rearview to look for the red or green lights while I hit the remote but nothing. I looked at the manual and tested the remote to see if the batteries were still good and they were. Also, tried hitting the remote button twice and turning the steering lock to the 2nd position which should reset the remote/receiver but it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

sleepwalker 03-24-2005 12:31 AM

RE: Keyless Entry Inop

I'd try to lock the doors using the remote while the driver door was still open
try closing the door

gte811f 03-24-2005 12:47 AM

Yeah, I actually tried that already. As I said, the receiver isn't responding to the remote at all. No flashing red or green lights. I tried to reset the the receiver by pressing the remote twice and turning the ignition switch to the #2 position per manual. I always close the driver door before locking with remote but I was curious to see if it would lock the doors while I was exiting the vehicle. Thanks anyway.

sleepwalker 03-24-2005 12:53 AM

try another key.

gte811f 03-24-2005 01:05 AM

only have one

C280 wizard 03-24-2005 12:08 PM

German cars and some others are designed so you can't lock yourself out. The drivers door will only work with a key or the remote. When you push the door lock button down and close the door, even if the other three are locked the button on the drivers door will pop up as soon as it is closed. Also, you said while the drivers door was open, as in open to get in and out of? If so it won't lock the car. The doors have to be closed. Stand outside the car, doors closed with the remote, hold the open and close buttoms down together and wait until the little light on the remote blinks twice. See if it works then.

gte811f 03-26-2005 11:59 PM

My remote only has 1 button. It's a 96. Anyways, thanks

boycbronco 03-27-2005 01:27 PM

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. My understanding is that this tends to reset/resolve several electrical issues.

gte811f 03-28-2005 06:16 PM

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to have your radio code handy or you'll have no sound. Thanks again!!!!!!