Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes C Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/)
-   -   Foot rest for a 99 C280 (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/foot-rest-99-c280-6190/)

C280 wizard 08-17-2005 01:03 PM

Foot rest for a 99 C280

I recently purchased some clean fron turn signal lenses and a footrest for my C280. I already have the Mercedes "racing pedals" My question is the footrest has to be mounted with screws, has anyone mounted a footrest before and is there any wiring running under the area of the car? Any advice would be appreciated.

evillwock 08-19-2005 06:34 PM

RE: Foot rest for a 99 C280

Can we see a pic when the job is done?

C280 wizard 08-19-2005 07:49 PM

Here it is, (Ihope)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2546/EE3C9FB18BF844C8A927A5EE6FF5EFD5.jpg[/IMG]

SL600_Cruzin 08-19-2005 08:50 PM

Looks good!

I like the chrome headlight trim as well.

What about the foot rest ? Where in the heck does THAT go ??

Gas & Brake Pedals are foot-rest enough for me. LOL

Lugnut 08-19-2005 09:38 PM

I've always heard it called a "dead pedal." It's the stationary leftmost pedal for the left foot on manual shift cars. Usually, if a car can be optioned with a manual trans, then the supporting structure for the dead pedal is already there on cars with an auto trans. Some cars have the dead pedal even with an auto trans.

It's an ergonomic foot rest. A comfortable place to fling your foot off to the side and have something solid to rest it against. It should be present on all cars regardless of type of trans. It's perfect for the cripples with a bad back, like wiztard.

C280 wizard 08-19-2005 11:21 PM

Lugnut that was an excellent explanation, of a truly compicated item. I am proud of you! I amalso calling the Justice Dept in DC, and file a complaint against you under the American with Disability Act. As you are a hearless, bigot, who probably east rocky mountain oysters raw! But your a funny guy? You are a guy?

C280 wizard 08-19-2005 11:25 PM

Thank you so much, go to www.formymercedes.com and click on Mercedes Benz and scroll down to FOOT REST AKA DEAD PEDAL, I got the one with the AMG, as I am not a pretentious person, but just a regular guy whodrive a almost pretentious car. Talk about cars I SAW A S500 AMG in front of me today, I tried to get ahead of him to race,as I would beat him with my 195HP 99 C280 or 205BHP in Europe C280. LUG NUT what is the difference between HP and BHP, honestly I don't really know. And your the man.

sleepwalker 08-19-2005 11:26 PM

uh..oh. [sm=smiley5.gif]got to fasten my seatbelts.

C280 wizard 08-20-2005 01:44 AM

Not a bad idea, I do have a question. My neighbor suggested I use a punch to get thru the carpet, before I start drilling, as I have drilled into carpet and it unravels. I've also seen on TV DIY shows to put tape on the area were you are going to drill to prevent the unraveling. What are anyone's thoughts on this?

Sleepwalker, I posted the message about the DRL's on the Bentley site and someone sent me a page from a Mercedes manual, According to the document the DRL module is located under the drivers side dash, you drop the plastic cover and there are two modules, the DRL is on the right and is connection N35. But this was a R&R procedure, so I am thinking that there is no module there at present?

Lugnut 08-20-2005 02:26 AM

Sorry, but DC won't care. I'm not discriminating against you. In addition, we have nothing to do with the fed here so the ADA doesn't apply. For example, if you needed a wheelchair ramp to post replies, the Admin wouldn't be required to build one. The ADA applies to public and government places, and private places that receive federal funding of some sort.

BHP = brake horsepower; horsepower generated by the engine alone. Engine is mounted on a stand out of the car when it's dyno'd.

HP = horsepower generated at the rear wheels on a dyno.

Generally speaking, there is about a 15% loss of power from BHP to HP on a manual shift car. There is about a 20% loss on an auto trans car.

FYI, after a few beers, I tried a Rocky Mountain Oyster. Not raw, though. I've also tried escargot, a chocolate covered grasshopper, and a cricket in a lollipop, again after a few beers. After a few beers, everything tastes like chicken... even water buffalo.

Don't drill through the carpet. Use a punch as suggested, then poke the drill bit through the carpet so just the smooth shaft is against it and drill just the metal while holding the carpet up a little.