Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C-350 turbo conversion available?

Old 02-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Default C-350 turbo conversion available?

I plan on purchasing a C-350 Mercedes (6-speed) in a few years and tuning it. I dont know if this is frowned upon by the members of this forum but i was wondering if you would be able to tell me where i could find all the neccessary parts i would need, forged pistons, head gaskets, ECU, the works. I do also plan on turbo-charging it, so i was wondering if you could tell me where i would be able to find all the things needed to install that also. I looked for the add-on's but non of them will work with Mercedes[:@]. I have always had a soft spots for Mercedes, but i also want one that has some of my own personal touches to it. I would never add a body-kit or one of those stupid aluminum wings I would keep the exterior tasteful, thats if i decide to modify it at all. The engines are a work of art, I just want to leave my mark. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
-Benz Fan06

Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Default RE: C-350 turbo conversion available?

nobody has any ideas? no1 at all?

Old 02-23-2006, 02:30 AM

nobody has any ideas? no1 at all?

Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 PM

I've driven in a twin turboed C350 built in South Africa, the internals are all stock (pistons and rods) and the owner opted for thicker steel head gaskets (3mm thick) to lower the compression as he reckons that the stock internals should be up to the task on suck a modern engine (Lets hope so).

Running two GT28R Thrust turbos at a constant 0.9bar boost, the ECU is remapped using Dimsport software with 500cc Bosch injectors. Works like magic. The car is an auto and started life as an Avantgarde with Sportspack option last year June when he bought it - brand new! (get to that later)

In this state of tune, she makes abt 330kW (+_ 450Hp) with almost double the torque, 620Nm on the rolling road. A single test blast down the local dragstrip (just to see how she goes and refine the mapping) saw the car rocket to the 1/4 mile in just 12.7 seconds! The speed limiter has also been removed and I've sat in her at a stable and sirene 290kph (+_ 180mph) with throttle left but we had to lift off. The road was too short. Keeping things in a straight line is the duty of the Koni adjustables with 4 way adjustable dampers. Brakes are C55 units with C55 18 inch wheels too. The badge reads C35 OMG - ask me what OMG stands for?

I know the owner from the drags, he has a twisted sense of humuor. Then again, anyone willing to buy a demo C350 from the dealership and negotiate a better price if they drop the maintenance plan and warranty; just so they could kit it out - should have his head checked. But I guess if you can afford it, why not. Headers are custom stainless units with mandrel bends mounted onto the custom ported and gasflowed head. Redline Engineering in Cape Town made up the gaskets from standard units. The car cannot boost more than 1 bar due to the stock internals but the owner reckons that as soon as he can get a sample piston off to Wiseco or JE, he will up the boost to the 1.5bar/2bar region.

The car is black in colour with black interior and no exterior bodyparts have been changed. The only additions are the C55 boot spoiler and the C55 brakes, rotors and mag wheels. I'll try to take picks of the car and the engine bay at our next race meet - if he pitches that is.

It features a twincore 10 row intercooler in matt black, so there are no tell take signs that the car has been turbocharged. The exhaust system is still stock - less the decat - for extra silence. Ballbearing turboes have very little lag, so the car accelerates from a standstill like a strong aspirated car - a VERY strong aspirated car.

He reckons the best part abt his car is that its a sleeper, its ultra unique and he loves the look on the faces of unsuspecting C55 and C32 owners.

Oh and to answer that question (it wasnt my idea): OMG = Oh My God!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:47 PM

finally a worthy reply. is there any chance that it could come in kit form? if he could just gather the parts and everything then it would really help , or at least tell me what i need and where to find them. i wont be doing this for a long time, say about 4 years but i need to research it now. if he wants better internals, tell him he might try looking at engine parts from the SL65 AMG because that is twinned too. Could you maybe give me a price estimate on what this would cost? i'm curious because this would make quick work of all those ricers in their STi's that seem to be invading our neighborhoods. please let me know. you can PM me instead of posting another thread, seen as how i seem to be the only one who cares about it.
thanks and take care
-Benz Fan06

Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Grave digging again, any more info on this? Info greatly appreciated! THANKS!