Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

blinker not working, and its not the bulb, wat else is it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Default blinker not working, and its not the bulb, wat else is it?

my 2001 c240 left front blinker not working, and its not the bulb. i changed the bulb to new one, still not working. took the old bulb to the right side, and it works. so its not the bulb..
wat else is it??

Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: blinker not working, and its not the bulb, wat else is it?

I suggest you do a search on turn signals. There are a lot of posts about faulty wiring harnesses and arcing bulbs. If you wish do a search on my ID, gilgorm where I have written on this subject as well.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Default RE: blinker not working, and its not the bulb, wat else is it?

Hi there,
First check if there is a different fuse for that, I’m not too sure, if left side and right side would have two different fuse.
But in the mean time, here is what I would do next, if I was in your shoes…:
To do some diagnoses to pinpoint where the fault comes from; hopefully it is nothing more then the light bulb housing. Check if the housing itself is not damaged and the bulb makes full contact to positive and negative points. (Compare with the left side housing). I suggest checking the Bulb housing with a Voltmeter. You could obtain one at any auto parts shop. You need to place one pin on the positive and the other on its inner wall, negative. Turn on the signal, and see if you see any current. Check user’s manual for voltmeter to set it to the right settings. If you see any corrosion, you need to clean those surfaces carfully; the positive and negative points were the Bulb comes in contact with the housing.
If you don’t see any current, you need to check the wiring harness before it goes to the light bulb housing. You need to poke through the wire protection to get trough and make contact with the negative and positive and negative wire. And do the same thing, turn on the signal and see if you see current.
If you see current, that means you have issue with connections between the wire harness and the Bulb housing, if not, I think, by then you need to have a pro look at the issue.

Best of luck

ken