Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

bargaining at the dealer or priceclub auto purchase program

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Default bargaining at the dealer or priceclub auto purchase program

Hi all, I need your expertise when it comes to reeling and dealing here since you all have been through the mercedes purchase experience. This is my first MB and I've decided to go for the C320 sports sedan after narrowing the decision down from the A3, 3 series, TL. The options will include auto, spoiler, sunroof package, lighting package. After reading and noticing that many on this forum have done some form of research or another, the million dollar question is.... which is a better deal, going through the traditional bargaining table or going through an auto purchasing program? Please elaborate on your experience and if possible give me a ballpark figure on how much should I expect to pay for this car without tax/licensing (or even "out-the-door" price if that's what you've remember). I live in the San Diego area so if anyone has gotten a good deal at a certain dealership in this location, please share the experience or recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Default RE: bargaining at the dealer or priceclub auto purchase program

There shouldn't be any problems when you try to negotiate the price on a C320.
My family has bought a few Mercedes up here in Silicon Valley, the only Mercedes we had to pay window price (plus tax) was a CLK back in 2000, due to the 1-year wait-list.
The discount for other Mercedes were about the same amount as the vehicle's tax and registration fees.
The discout is usually greater when there are more than one dealersihp around the area. Since dealerships are mostly privately-owned, so they have to compete with each other.
If you are willing to drive 2 hours up north to Los Angeles, I am sure they'll offer you a better price than the one from your local dealer.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Default RE: bargaining at the dealer or priceclub auto purchase program

I'd go thru the dealer, I have several friends do the purchasing programs and when they check with dealers they got better deals. Remember these programs have to make money also. The one person who did get a better price on a program, didn't get good service from the dealer he picked up the car from. Don't know if this was diliberate or not?