Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Off Light and C240

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Default AC Off Light and C240

Hello all,
I am a new member, and needing some help...

I have a 2003 C240. The AC Off light comes on upon startup. I have read through some of the posts and tried to do the reset by holding the recirc and defrost button down at the same time... the lights flash back and forth, but nothing really happens, I let it run for over 20 minutes, and lights continually blink back and forth. I do have a leak, it's in the evaporator core, and the dealearship is happy to fix the leak for $3800. I'm not having that kind of money these days... I charged with R134a and used a sealant product. It stayed charged for over a month. So rather than spending the money that I don't have, thought I could live with having to put a can of R134a in once a month, just to get through the summer. But now, I am plauged by the light that won't go off, to allow the compressor to start up. I was able to get 1 can of R134 in it even though the light was on. I have tried unplugging the battery for a while, for a reset, didn't work for me. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Just want to get it working until I can figure something out. It's getting hot where I am. I read that maybe the dealership has to plug in with a machine, and reset it for the light to go off? None in my area though :-(
Many thanks!