Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

2004 C230 Sports Sedan Windshield Wiper Blades Change

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Default 2004 C230 Sports Sedan Windshield Wiper Blades Change

Hey all Mercedes lovers,

This is my first post! =D

If I want to replace my wiper blades, do you know of some good online places? Or, if you happen to live in Vancouver, BC, do you know any good local shops? I think I can manage to replace the blades without going to the dealer for this...

I have been looking into http://www.autopartsonlinecanada.com/ and they require a chassis # for each blade. Does anyone know how to obtain that? I've tried looking into the user manual too.

Please let me know if there's more information needed. I would greatly appreciate your advice or help.

Cheers,
AL

Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Default RE: 2004 C230 Sports Sedan Windshield Wiper Blades Change

You can just drive your car to most auto parts places like AutoZone, etc. and tell them make, model, year, etc. of your car.
Then pick out a set of blades that fit your car. Don't buy the cheapest ones. Then tell them you would like the guy to come out and put them on your car. There is no fee for this. Easy for you.

PS>SOME of the blades will not have the correct mount for your car. Make sure you say, "These WILL fit my car, won't they??"
before he goes out to put them on. I've seen this happen many times. But I'm sure you will not have a problem with it.
Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM

While there is no 'autozone' or 'pepboys' in Canada, you might try 'Canadian Tire' or'Partsource' if there is one in B.C. I bought my last blades (made by Michelin) from 'Costco'. I wasable to install them myself in less than 3 minutes.
Of course, the dealer hasthe correct blades as well. My own experience here in Toronto was that the cost from the dealer and Costco was close to the same price although the dealer was more expensive.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM

Thanks for replying! I don't have a costco membership but I went to walmart the other day and saw some blades there. Any particular brand or model number of the blades you've tried and liked that you would recommend?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:49 PM

I've tried both Bosch and Michelin blades. The Michelin blades are very springy and provide good pressure on the glass.
The Bosch are much easier to replace and are often original MB equipment.
Most stores that carry blades also have extensive lists of which blades fit which car. Look for the lists where the blades are stocked. I'm not sure of your particular cars requirements but my coupe required different blades for each side.
All things considered I would go with Bosch blades.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Ok I will go look for Bosch blades..again, thanks for the promptly replies!

P.S. If anyone got other recommendations, feel free to list them here, I am sure other MB lovers will be appreciated as well!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM

Bosch Icons are the one you need to look for.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 PM

I didn't think Bosch Icons are designed for the 2004-2006 C series. I bought a pair @ O'reilly's and the attachment clip would not work. Where is the best place to buy OEM MB wiper blades?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 PM

Bosch blades are the replaement blades that MB supplies here. Obviously, get OEM blades at the dealership. The service advisor will usually put them on if you ask nicely. When I've bought them at the dealer they are exact duplicates to the OEM blades.
I thought I'd try Michelin because I found the Bosch got badly fouled when it snowed and the Michelins have less metal cage so are easier to clean off.
Both do the same job in my opinion.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 AM

OK, the problem is that you landed in a model year in which Mercedes changed their blade configuration as indicated below.
If you email me or post your complete VIN number I will figure out which blade set is right for your vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2004 C230 Sports Sedan Windshield Wiper Blades Change