Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After 6 years of School and countless sacrifices

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Default After 6 years of School and countless sacrifices

I was able to get myself an 09 Mercedes C300 sport

I have never owned a nice car and kind of went from rags to riches...

how do I wash the damn thing..ha

thanks benzos

Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Default RE: After 6 years of School and countless sacrifices

congrats on the new car. good luck. lets see some pics

Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM

Welcome to the fourm. The C300 is a very nice car and certainly a nice gift for yourself for making it through school. You should update your profile with car model and area because as you begin to ask questions, there maybe geographical nuances that lend to better responses. For example, don't even ask me about windshield wipers, doesn't rain where I live.

As for washing, I always take my car, about once a week to the MB dealer for a free car wash and they do an outstanding job. Short of that, get a bucket, a good quality sheepskin wash mit, a grit guard that sits at the bottom of the bucket to prevent grit from repositing on the mit and good car wash soap, I use Meguiars NXT Car Wash because it suds up better in hard water in my area. Don't be tempted to use dish washing soap.Also, I use Eagle One A2Z Tire and Wheel cleaner because german cars (or in your case should I say South African made cars) tend to shed a lot of brake dust and it's good to clean the wheels as well as the tires as brake dust is pretty corrosive.

One thing you may want to do since the car spent a good amount of time being shipped from South Africa or possibly Germany and then auto transported to yourdealeris to clay the car. This will remove the embeded contaminants it picked up along the route and give the finish a very smooth feel. Then apply a good quality wax to protect it every few months. Again, I would use Meguars NXT but that's a personal choice, any of the higher end waxes will do well.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:38 PM

Congrats on the new ride! It sounds like buellwinkle really knows what he is talking about so you can't go wrong following his advice. One thing to keep in mind is to stay away from the brush/whirling mop style car washes. The brushes/rags don't scratch your car but the dirt/sand from the car before you or even your own dirty car can really 'swirl" up a nice, newhigh gloss finish. Unless you have a bunch of fresh sap, bird crap or dried/drying leaves, it is likely better to letthe carstay dirty until you can properly wash it. Of course, the touchless style don't work all that well, but don't scratch either.