Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt pretensioners

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Default Seat belt pretensioners

Hi guys</P>

I had a v bad experience recently with my C180, I was driving along the motorway when suddenly without warning the pretensioners exploded causing a huge noise and the seat belts pretensioners activated and pulled me back against my seat. The airbag warning lights came on but luckily they were not activated</P>

I was petrified and the noise the explosion made gave me ringing in my ears for a while. Luckily I was close to a MB garage but they just said that the seat belt pretensioners were faulty. I could have had a nasty accident, but the pretensioners just activated while I was driving</P>

Has this happened to anybody, please tell me - I don't know whether i want the MB back when it is repaired, I might sell it if this has happened to other people</P>

</P>

Old 12-14-2003, 11:25 PM

well. if you did have a wreck you wouldn't have to question the effectiveness of your emergency tensioning
retractors.(seatbelts)

Old 12-15-2003, 06:14 AM

the point was that until the system activated i wasnt going to crash or have a wreck, I was driving along normally when for some reason the pre-tensioning system activated itself and I was pinned against my seat and there was a huge explosion, luckily I managed to somehow pull over to the hard shoulder but the airbag warning lights came on and i thought that they would be activated. If I am driving along at 70mph on a motorway and the retractors pull me tight against my seat and there is an explosion and the warning lights for the airbags come on, it is not going to do anything other than cause me to have a wreck. Maybe I didnt explain myself properly, but the system malfunctioned for no reason