Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

Help! Paddle Gear Shift Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Default Help! Paddle Gear Shift Damage?

While driving my SL65 AMG, I have unintentionally been hitting the paddle gearshift while driving. I hit the left one which I understand is down shifting. It has definitely revved and made noises after doing so which would typically cause me to restart the car. I've done this quite a bit, unintentionally. How do I know if I have I been damaging the car? Just today the check engine light went on and I'm wondering if I could have caused that.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! The CEL may have been caused by an unexpected downshift. If you have access to a scan tool, pull the codes and see what they say - perhaps it is something completely unrelated to the transmission. A MB dealer or indy shop should be able to do this for you - if you're looking for a scan tool for your MB, check the link below. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.

Schwaben Pro Scan Tool for Mercedes Benz