Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes A & B Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-b-class-46/)
-   -   B 250 Back Headrest (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-b-class-46/b-250-back-headrest-53349/)

Brantman 05-21-2013 02:56 PM

B 250 Back Headrest

Hey, Just purchased a new B250 and so far love it. I encountered a unique problem. With the front seats adjusted for myself (I'm 5' 11" not overly tall) I couldn't lower the back seats flat because the rear headrest hit the back of the driver seat. No problem right because the headrest was extended. But when I went to lower it flat to the top of the seat it wouldn't go all the way down. I called my dealer and they gave me a letter from MB stating some gobbledegook about safety reason etc. it can't be put right down in Canada. I've seen numerous pictures with the rear headrests down. My dealer said they are looking into it further. Anybody encountered the same problem and come up with a solve?

gordandmichele 06-14-2013 07:55 PM

Did you ever get a solution to this?

Brantman 06-15-2013 08:38 AM

No solution yet. I find it odd that numerous other vehicles including other MB models can all do this with the headrest and not the B250. I even looked at new vehicles that allow the headrest to be removed. In fact that is the only way you can lay the back seat down. PUZZLING?:confused:

gordandmichele 06-16-2013 06:41 AM

There was one in my local showroom that had one (not both) rear headrest that could be lowered flush with the top of the seat and could also be removed. The salesman said that it was broken. When that car got sold, I assumed that it got "fixed". I'm trying to track down the mechanic that worked on it to see how he did it. Maybe it got built with a European mechanism - seems that they can be lowered flush and also removed.

I think it's a safety issue. My wife is short, and when she sits in the back, the headrest is way above her head. I should be able to adjust it for safety. Plus, they obstruct the rear window.

Brantman 06-17-2013 08:14 AM

Are you in Canada? If yes, which province?

gordandmichele 06-18-2013 05:29 AM

Yes. Ontario.

I spent about an hour yesterday trying to see if I could figure out what to do about this. There is no magical solution attacking the problem from above. I think the seat covers have to come off. The seat back cover is easy to remove - it just pulls off. Then you are presented with a solid steel seat back. That's where I stopped.

garygreer 04-15-2015 08:27 AM

B250 Reat Headrest & Seat Cushion

Same car, same province, same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I was hoping to pull a seatback out (once the weather warmed up) to have a look inside. I would expect M-B have added some mechanism to the rest-of-the-world model to limit the head rest lowering & removal in NA (for some unknown reason). With any luck it could be reverted back to the original non-NA version but I haven't been able to get a look inside yet. First challenge is that I can't even pull up the rear seat cushion. Does anyone know how to unlatch the rear seat cushion on a B250?