Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes AMG Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-amg-class-18/)
-   -   C55 AMG (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-amg-class-18/c55-amg-7315/)

Fast Fred 10-15-2005 03:21 PM

C55 AMG

What mods can I do to my 2006 C55 AMG ?
Starting at the cheap and easy to Kleeman ect..
Thanks,
Fred

jags 10-16-2005 04:21 PM

RE: C55 AMG

you can start by programming the ECU, by doing this you'll remove all the restrictions, increase the hp and remove the speed limiter. check out www.singhautosport.com or go to the vendor section of this forum.

Fast Fred 10-17-2005 10:48 AM

Thanks Jags

K1MOTORSPORT 10-17-2005 01:30 PM

i'm currently working with a manufacturer with a new ECU tuning for C55 and all other cars as well.
what they did is basically put all the goodies from all different ECU tuners into one.
all the bad are taken out. it is an ultimate ECU tuning.
i should be ready in about 2 weeks or so...

Fast Fred 10-19-2005 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: K1MOTORSPORT

i'm currently working with a manufacturer with a new ECU tuning for C55 and all other cars as well.
what they did is basically put all the goodies from all different ECU tuners into one.
all the bad are taken out. it is an ultimate ECU tuning.
i should be ready in about 2 weeks or so...
Thats good news ! Please keep us posted on the status.

Fred:)

K1MOTORSPORT 10-19-2005 01:17 PM

will do...
also, u may wanna do all engine performance mods b4 the ECU tuning...

jags 10-19-2005 03:17 PM

Im sorry K1motorsport but im gonna have to disagree on this one. When you start to modify the engine you should start in this order... 1. ECU 2. intake 3. pulleys 4. headers 5. centre pipe 6. rear box. You would use this order for a reason, its simple... take a look at it. The ECU is the brain of the operation so you can add the biggest exhaust and intake but unless you tell the brain, theres no point adding them. I've been doing software upgrades for about 15 years now, from a Mini to a Carrera GT. We read and write software which means we don't use someone elses software and brand it as our own, i hope i don't sound rude when i say that. We also write software that can adapt to any modifications done on a later date. www.singhautosport.com

K1 maybe we can do some business together.

MNG 10-19-2005 04:37 PM

i am sorry Jag, YOU ARE WRONG....ECU tuning should be done last, because for example if you do pulleys later on the ECU has to be tuned to compensate for the pulleys....if you change the intake, again the ECU has to be optimized for more air coming in...this only makes sense

ECU tuning should only be done first...if you do not plan on any other mods....stock MB programs are already adaptive

scorebox 10-19-2005 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MNG

i am sorry Jag, YOU ARE WRONG....ECU tuning should be done last, because for example if you do pulleys later on the ECU has to be tuned to compensate for the pulleys....if you change the intake, again the ECU has to be optimized for more air coming in...this only makes sense

ECU tuning should only be done first...if you do not plan on any other mods....stock MB programs are already adaptive

i agree with MNG and k1, ecu tuning needs to be done last

Lugnut 10-19-2005 07:04 PM

I think you both are right. It just depends.

This is a chicken and an egg thing. If you increase compression with a mod, you need the ignition timing retarded. Which do you do first? Does it really matter? Not as long as you do both before the car leaves the garage.

If you change the air intake on a NA engine, you don't need ECU tuning. The ECU can adapt on its own. If you want the air/fuel mix leaned a little, it can be done before or after an air intake mod.

Some things will require re-tuning. If you do a mod in the future that increases max rpm, then you'll need the auto trans shift points adjusted after the mod. It wouldn't make sense to do the adjstments before.

If you added bigger heads, bigger injectors, and bigger cam, you definitely don't want the needed ECU adjustments before the mods are installed.

And on and on...