K1 Motorsport HRE | BRABUS | Lorinser | RennTech | KLEEMANN | Carlsson | H&R | Bilstein | AMG | iceLink Pro | OEM and more.

New! Slim HID Kit

Old 12-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Default New! Slim HID Kit

New! Slim HID Conversion Kits
* 3x thinner ballast than 1st generation kits *

- High quality construction
- Quick disconnect waterproof connections
- Double insulated ballasts
- Insulated igniters
- 4K, 6K or 8K output
- Most bulb types and sizes available
- High quality shielded cable
- For low beams or fog lights
- No programming required
- 1 year warranty
- Forum price: $274.99.
- FREE shipping to USA & Canada for all orders received until 12/31!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

I just recently bought a 2006 c230 sport. i love it!!! i just have one problem, i tried to install an HID conversion kit and it's not working correctly!!! the lights flicker then go out. then on the gauge cluster it says default. my friend told me that the car is doing that because HIDs bulbs run at lower wattage than the stock bulbs so the computer in the car is reading the bulb as defective. is this true? what can i do to get this kit working? or is there a certain kit that i can get to resolve this problem?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Your friend is correct. You need to find a dealer that is willing to program aftermarket HID kit. BTW, our kit will not throw error messsage.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 AM

Hello,

Newbie here and taking delivery of my first Mercedes TODAY! It's an '04 C320 sedan. My first mod will be HID's. I had them in my last vehicle and it's a MUST from now on. I installed a kit designed for that vehicle and loved it. Since I'm new to the Mercedes world, I have a few questions regarding these kits.

1. Are these kits truely plug and play? My last claimed plug and play however I needed to use a supplied harness slightly moddified to get the kit to work. Will this kit be a true plug and play for my '04 C320? I'm not looking for trade secrets, but how is it your kit will not trip a code while others do? Is it guaranteed to NOT trip a code? The last thing I want to do is bring the car to a dealer within the first month of ownership.

2. Would your DEPO clear projector headlamps for 01-06 C class work with the slim HID kit? I'm not sure I'll go this route as I don't recall what the current head lamp housing looks like (again, I pick the car up tonight) but figured I'd ask the question in the event I want to change them out.
Is there a forum price for these as with the slim HID kits?

I look forward to hearing from you as if these options are possible, I would be ready to purchase soon.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: BillG
1. Are these kits truely plug and play? My last claimed plug and play however I needed to use a supplied harness slightly moddified to get the kit to work. Will this kit be a true plug and play for my '04 C320? I'm not looking for trade secrets, but how is it your kit will not trip a code while others do? Is it guaranteed to NOT trip a code? The last thing I want to do is bring the car to a dealer within the first month of ownership.
Yes, they are true plug & play. Yes, it is guaranteed that you will not have flickering nor error message.

2. Would your DEPO clear projector headlamps for 01-06 C class work with the slim HID kit? I'm not sure I'll go this route as I don't recall what the current head lamp housing looks like (again, I pick the car up tonight) but figured I'd ask the question in the event I want to change them out.
Yes, DEPO lights will work with our kit. Your current headlamps should be non-projector frosted. $274.99 is the forum price. Regular price is $299.99.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: K1MOTORSPORT

Yes, they are true plug & play. Yes, it is guaranteed that you will not have flickering nor error message.

Yes, DEPO lights will work with our kit. Your current headlamps should be non-projector frosted. $274.99 is the forum price. Regular price is $299.99.
Thanks for the quick reply!
My price question was more for the headlamps. I see on your site they list for $380 +/- and was wondering if there was a special member price for those as with the HID kit.

Looks like I'll be placing an order real soon!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Oh, another question.... if I stayed with the current frosted headlamps, would I have an issue with reflection and the like? Same question if I opt for your DEPO headlamps. Meaning, would I need to adjust the position as to not have the beam all over the place?

Bill

Old 10-04-2007, 11:45 AM

My price question was more for the headlamps. I see on your site they list for $380 +/- and was wondering if there was a special member price for those as with the HID kit.
Normally, there is no special price on the headlamps. I can probably do $10 off on headlamps if you purchase with HID kit.

Oh, another question.... if I stayed with the current frosted headlamps, would I have an issue with reflection and the like? Same question if I opt for your DEPO headlamps. Meaning, would I need to adjust the position as to not have the beam all over the place?
Only the beam pattern will change. Your stock headlamp will disperse more (like now)compared to projectors.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Good enough for me, thanks again. Should I order any special way or mention the forum? I should be ready in the next two weeks or so.

Bill

Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Just mention forum prices under "order details" so that we don't charge you regular price.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:44 PM

I know it's been a while (over 6 months) and I still haven't upgraded my lights yet. I still want to but I'm torn between OEM and this kit with DEPO porjectors. I know the price difference is night and day but I want to get the best option for my money. Are the prices still the same? What is the best deal you can offer me for both the slim kit AND DEPO clear projectors? You can e-mail me if you prefer ( ADVANCEDTAX@CHARTER.NET ).
I'll be tinkering with the car soon now that the temps have raised to a comfortable level.

Thanks,
Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New! Slim HID Kit