General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
AO2

THREADED RING ON CHAIN TENSIONER

lets see if your trained MBA degree can help me out on a 93, okay so this will actually just help me put the car back together just so i can get an actual MB mech. to tell me what is really wrong with it =-P but ok so i have a 93 190e 2.6 sportline and i need to know what tool exactly i could use on the threaded ring for the chain tensioner....my haynes book does not mention size...says large allen key or hexagon bit but biggest ones i can find at sears dont even fit

Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Question SLK230 CAM Sensor

MASTERBENZ, I was hoping you could give some suggestions. Had this posted in general tech but have got no replys. Here is the problem:

1998 SLK230 with 61,000 miles: CEL with codes P0341 (CAM POS Sensor Range/Performance) & P0410 (Secondary Air Injection Sys Malfunction).

Car is slow to accelerate and tends to bog down on up-hills without down shifting appropriately. Have reset code and returns at varying intervals (intermittent).

Have not found the smoking gun yet. Troubleshooting so far includes: No loose connections, vacuum lines okay, clean MAF, and clean throttle body.

CAM Position Sensor shows 8 ohms resistance both cold and hot. With key ON, voltage is 12 volts & 7 volts at the plug connectors (each wire).

Should I change the CAM POS Sensor based on the above?

Last edited by sflankey; 02-28-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Solved Problem- Replaced Cam Pos Sensor ($140). All codes vanished. 2 weeks no repeat.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Question

i am fiting an alarm to my 1994 c220 please could you tell me what wiers open and close the doors

Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Default Please help! My '98 E320 seems to have...

excessive problems with exterior lamps/lights burning out. I replace a bulb to clear the fault message and then invariably within weeks, another "lamp defective" message appears...with yet another bad lamp/light.

Is there a voltage regulation issue with this car? It's driving me nuts to see this happen frequently over the past few years.

Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks in advance.

-Gregg

Old 03-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Default Help, My C230 Kompressor Problems!

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport

I would like to know how many fuse boxes there are for my car. I have found 1 in the trunk and 1 in the hood area. isnt there 1 more somewhere?

My shade thing in the back does not work when I press the one button and the back head rest doesnt fall down when I press the button. Please help me on how to fix this problem. Please break it down for me as i am a girl and I am trying to fix the annoying problems....

Thanks in Advance....

Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Default s600 problem

Hi all, wondering if anyone has come across this before.

driving the car and a whirring / buzzing noise starts coming from the footwell area of the drivers side. pulled over stopped and re started the motor and (the noise) only kicks in when turning the ignition to electrics stage. when turning off the ignition the noise dosnt immediately stop but winds down in about 2/3 seconds?

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Tone

Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Default Masterbenz....here's a tricky one

Maserbenz, I have a CL63 (2008) and would like the dash to stop deaulting to the odometer when I turn the car off and open the door...Is there any way to have the dash stay on the audio or nav setting instead of the default kicking in?

I had the car serviced yesterday and the dealership said that they couldn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Default Thanks for your opinion/help

Thanks for being here fo those of us too ignorant to figure out the next steps. My wife's car blew up (2006 Toyota), but it had new tires on it (Triple Treads$$$). I saved the tires, the dealership took the rest. These tires are 215x55Rx17, and I want them on my '99 S420. I now have 235x60x16, so I'm looking for different rims/wheels to fit. Craig's List has some off an SLK, but am I wasting my time? Will these smaller tires look okay/fit? Will the SLK wheels fit? Thanks for any educated opinion.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM

I've got one for you. I have aquired a SEL600 V12. I have no papers on the car and the only VIN I can find is on the Rad Support which is invalid. It indicates the car is a 2001 but the body design looks like the 99 and older models. Where can I find a VIN plate?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Default ACtros IMmo problems.

I just repair a truck(ACTROS)after i am change the engine oil and want to star the engine but engine can turn but no start.Show MR-CODE,mean NO Tranponder code for MR ECU to start the engine.BUt after i check the are no immobolizer and tranponder key with the truck.What i do is i fix a MR ecu and immobolizer from other truck,and the engine start.I am not understand why this happen and my client told me that this truck hv no immobolizer at all....pls help me..

Quick Reply: Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!