General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Yes, do not turn the rotors. You should measure them with some sort of caliper to see if the thickness is enough to be above spec. The spec(on most rotors) are actually stamped on the rotor. If they are above spec, leave them alone and just put in some good (original) pads. As far as the brake flush, on that car it is pretty basic, nothing special to do, just do them as you normally would on any othercar.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 AM

Hi,
My name is Ann, i'm new to the forum. I own a 2002 CLK 320. The trunk will not open with the eletronic key and the manual key only goes half way in the lock. Is there anyway to get into the truck without replacing the lock? Is it possible to take the bottom seat out and if so how?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My CD changer, battery and fuse box is in the trunk.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Default New member ,oil choice problem !!

Hello
I'm a french fan MB and i have a ML270 with BV6 mecanical gearbox.
What's the type of oil in this gearbox?? 75w90 or Dexron III.

Thank's a lot.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 AM

Hi,
I have a 2000 Ml-320 with 39,000 miles and i got the Code P0173 (fuel trim malfunction bank 2) from my code reader. Most people on this fourm sugested that i clean the MAF and do a reset. I did that and i still got P0173 reading from my code reader. So then i just and went and bought a new MAF. I installed it, and did a reset and still i got P0173. I do not know what else to do. Even though i got this problem my ML seems to run fine with no issues. Also i use 87 octane gas casue gas is way to expenisive, could this be the reason why i am getting this problem?
Thanks?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Default Turn Signals not working

[align=left]Hi, Tony, good to see that you're here. I have a 1994 E420 and the turn signals are not working. I bought this car in October. I got it from someone who had burned up the engine and in December I swapped it out with a newer engine from a junkyard. I replace all the tail lights and side lights as someone had put in ALL incorrect bulbs. One tail light and the middle stop light had started to melt because the wattages were too high. About a week ago the turn signals stopped working. The emergency flashers still work correctly but not the turn signals. One other thing I noticed is that when you move the turn turn signal arm up or down, even though the signals don't work the digital temperature read out in the instrument cluster disappears while the arm is pressed down or up. When it is returned to center the readout comes back on. Any ideas how I can figure out what the problem is? Thanks much for your help.
[/align]

Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Sorry, my question responded to the wrong post (# 65 in reply to Speedysnail).

Thanks!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM

Hello, you have to pull the instrument cluster out. There are special hooks(part # 140 589 02 33 00) that are required to remove the cluster properly. Once out, you can find the correct bulb and replace it.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM

Hello, are you talking about using the wrong length lugs? Sometimes if the lugnuts are too long, on the back wheels, it can tear up the parking brake mechanisms.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM

I have a 1983 sl380. The transmission will not shift to 4th until the transmission heats up. i had it rebuilt but it still dooes the same thing. what could cause the problem?
Thanks Bruce.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned

I'm also hear to help if anyone has questions on their cars...M-Benz's....

take care,
-mar-

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician