General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Hi Tony, I have a 1990 300sl thats been parked in garage for about 5 yrs. and it won't start. I can hear the fuel pump by placing my ear to the body. I placed new gas. I used quick start spray and can get it to turn on for a very short time with each spray. Thinking about checking the fuel filter. Is there anything else that I should be looking for? Thanks

Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 AM

hello there,

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME,
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH EWA NET.

IF I CAN MAKE A SEARCH ON EWA NET WITH A PART NUMBER ; HOW CAN I FIND THE MODELS THAT USES THE PART.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Hi Tony,
I too am a new member, andlike you, I like working on Mercedes. My 89 300E is my 5th one and I bought it not running. After I got it I found out that the #4 rod punched a hole in the block! Anyway, I bought a replacement engine with 100,000 or so miles on it.

After I got it running, it starts and drives fine when cold but once it's warmed up, the engine lacks power.Also, I replaced the o2 sensor and the fuel injector temp sensor.

The book I have is pretty basic and not much help. If you have any ideas on things I should check I would appreciate it.
My private email is jfrchevyguy@yahoo.comif you want to converse away from this forum

Thanks,

John
Augusta, KS

Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: mbzex

Hello all,
My name is Tony, I am a Mercedes-Benz shop owner(Mercedes Exclusively in San Jose,CA)and Master Mercedes-Benz technician. If I can help with any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you
hi Tony!

Ihave a 1984 300D non-turbo import, auto transmission. it drives fine in first and second gear, but its as though there is no third gear, it seems to shift up fine, but once it does so, it acts like it is in neutral, andI have to slow down to below 20 mph for it to shift back into 2nd.

is it time for a transmisison rebuild? or is there some adjustmentI am overlooking?
is there anywayI can manually tell the transmission to skip third gear ad go right into 4th?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Hi Tony,

The issue I'm having with my 1999 Ml320 is that every now and then it will go to limpmode or send it to neutral. Would appreciate some help.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:05 PM

i need to change the battery of my 2001 ML320...is it easy, just like other ordinary cars...just pullout the cable(-&+) and connect the new battery? do i need to buy the battery from MB parts dept.? or just buy a good quality...any suggestions what brand? Thanks a lot.....

Old 12-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Hi, I have an E320 2000 model. After a recent service, the service reminder display (e.g. Service A due after 15,000Km) shas been reset at0. So after every 100Km it reads "Service Overdue by 100Km" or ....by 200Km and so on. The MB authorized workshop has no clue how to fix it. The computer of the car otherwise works OK. Can anyone help?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:49 PM

Hi Tony,
Nice to talk to a pro! I have a Merc E320 Elegance 2000 model. After a recent oil change, the computer won't go back to the original reading of 15,000Km to start the countdown for the next oil change. It says "Service A due now". The MB authorized workshop could not do anything about it and now everytime I start the car it gives an annoying beep "Service Exceeded by...Km". Do you think the computer has been damaged and can't be repaired? What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
nadeem810

Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 AM

HELLO TONY!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OFFERING YOUR EXPERTISE ON MERCEDES BENZ, AS THOSE WITHOUT PROPER TRAINING (LIKE ME) KNOW THAT THESE WONDERFUL CARS CAN BE A REAL CHALLENGE TO WORK ON!

I HAVE A 1987 560SL, AND NEED TO REPLACE THE LEFT FRONT SPEAKER (MOUNTED IN THE DASH), AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAFETLY REMOVE THE COVER/GRILL. PLEASE HELP!

THANKS SO MUCH,

-DWIGHT DAYMEN
(1985 300SD, 1987 560SL)

Old 12-30-2007, 03:50 PM

hi tony, ive recently purchased a 1991 560sel love the car but have 2 little problems so far 1, the drivers window doesnt seem to automatically stop the window when it gets closed and tries to keep going is there an auto shutoff when it reaches the closed position and 2 the gas pedal seems to need to be depressed about an inch down before it starts to accelerate can i adjust the arm under the aircleaner housing without affecting anything else the linkage seems to have a slide before it engages the linkage thanks in advance

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician