General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

WIS Install Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:46 AM
gaz
Default WIS Install Problem

I am having installation problems on WIS version 03.2004 and have not had any success in finding answers. I have tried a complete format and re-install and still the same issue.

The "Pre-WIS" (\wis\wisinst\setup.exe) installs without any problems. I also installed the Program Manager, the Documentation, and I used the HDD Cache option. No problems.

The problem occurs when I try to install the WIS standalone (\wis\d2kinst\setup.exe). I did NOT select to load the Client-Server Installer. At 94% complete, before it caches the RFILES to the hard drive, I receive the following error: "An error occurred during the move data process: 0 / Component: / File Group: / File: Specific File: "

Then after copying the RFILES, near the end of the installation process, I get another error: "You are sharing c:\opt\MBCASE as MBCASE. Others may be using files in this folder. If you delete the folder, it will no longer be shared. Are you sure you want to delete it?" I have tried both deleting and not deleting; the result is the same. I also get a similar error regarding the directory "... c:\var\opt\MBCASE\joborder as JOBORDER ..."

After installation, I am then faced with the famous German words and big blue question marks problem. Even when I try to run the Program Manager, I receive the error
"Bilder werden nicht gefunden
Falls sie nach nochmaligem Start nicht vorhanden sind,
verstandigen Sie Ihren System-Administrator"

I have until my latest reformat been able to enter a license key into the Administration area [yet still this did not enable the WIS], but now I have also lost this ability, as when I click PMADM the computer just beeps and will not allow me to open this folder.

The Ethernet drivers are installed, however I have not had an ethernet cable plugged in (so the DHCP can not obtain an IP address). I have tried installing both with and without the loopback adaptor.

My system is as follows:
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 [no updates have been installed]
HP Pavilion Notebook, model zd7020us
80GB Hard drive (partitioned into 70 / 10)
10/100 Realtek RTL8139 NIC
Intel P4 2.8GHz
512MB RAM
WIS version 03.2004 (supplied on 2 DVDs)

Thank you very much for your help

Old 04-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Default RE: WIS Install Problem

As I understand it installation is intentionally problematic unless you are correctly licensed.
PM me with your address.

Stuart

Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM

i can install WIS.. but donno how to explain with u...

Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
gaz

Apparently, one does not require the standalone installation to run the WIS.

Believe it or not, I did not realise this!!

I reset all the network settings and added the Microsoft Loopback adaptor, and reinstalled the server only (\wis\wisinst\setup.exe), and it all went well.

The only issue I have now is that I require the DVD to be in the drive for WIS to run. Is there a way around this?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM

MY WIS ONLY PRINTS OUT EVERY OTHER PAGE ANY IDEA WHY???

Old 05-26-2008, 08:51 PM

I have win 2k and (after several tries) I have installed the WIS, however it does not work correctly:
1. When ready to display a search content, the screen promptrequires that aDVDbe in the drive. No matter which (no1 or no 2) DVD I insert, the system does not recognize it -
effectively locks up...
2. During install, when selecting Hard drive cashing (or something to that effect -option) a list of files is presented and one is supposed to select all to be copied to the hard drive. I have noticed that all files, except RFILE007 can be selected/deselected. If RFILE007 is selected, then the OK button (taking you to the next step) becomes greyed out, effectively preventing you from selecting that file. So, if one wants to continue, one will have all files but RFILE007 copied to the drive... This perpaps, is the reason for error in 1. above?
3. When running the program, a first (or second) screen says something to the effect that the data (DVD) is older than 3 month.

Any suggestions on a fix for the above problems?
TIA,
Tony

Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Unhappy help

I can`t find wiscd002 for wis epc ewanet 05.2010.Please help me how to solve the problem.I`m very desperate

Last edited by Natasa; 03-20-2011 at 07:15 AM.