Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/)
-   -   Help! My intermittent start failures (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/help-my-intermittent-start-failures-2341/)

sleepwalker 02-23-2005 10:40 PM

RE: Help! Sleepwalker! My intermittent start failures- S320

i almost forgot about it.

later....

thegirlilove 03-03-2005 12:38 PM

Hey sleepwalker,
have you found anything?

Well, i saw some W202 C280 here and some of them do not have the infrared rear mirror as well and they have keyholes at the door handle on the driver side. So i was wondering whether this was an optional feature before? If not i would really like to know the alternate ways for bypassing the immobiliser to the ECU

I know the C180s do not have this feature (infrared rear view mirror).

thegirlilove 03-13-2005 08:38 AM

Hello Sleepwalker..............

kindly advise if you have anything on my latest query........

Really appreciate it......

thank you...

JohnG 10-08-2005 01:18 PM

Did you ever get that intermittent starting problem fixed??????
I have exactly the same problem and it defys fixing.

ORIGINAL: thegirlilove

Hello Sleepwalker..............

kindly advise if you have anything on my latest query........

Really appreciate it......

thank you...

randazzop 08-02-2006 02:29 AM

RE: Help! My intermittent start failures

MY understanding is that if your lights are blinking it has to do with you CAN or your batteries need to be replaced in your keys. To check if it is your can when you can't start the car next time lock and unlock the doors. What happens is when your lights are blinking and if they are blinking because of the can your fuel injection is turned off. By unlocking and locking it should reset the CAN. Note this is if your car has a CAN system.

carlglenn 04-11-2007 08:42 AM

Hello, I'm having a similar issue with Intermittent starting.. I've a C200 which had a short-circuit in the Engine Wiring Harness.. so got that replaced and in the process they realised the ECU was "damaged". So the ECU got re-programmed/fixed.. but now after driving around 10Kms the car stops.. Symptoms are all the lights on the dash will light up, and no sound of cranking if you turn the keys.. but wait for around 5 mins and your can drive again... until after a few mins later the very same problem. Its not the alternator , nor the battery.. thats been confirmed.. So looks like the ECU.. however its been at the repairer for 2 weeks now and none the wiser.. Can someone pls help !!!

E230MARK 04-26-2008 05:59 PM

HI EVERY1. I HAVE JUST GOT MY SELF A 1997E230 BUT HAVE JUST RELISED THE RED LIGHT IS FLASHING ON MY DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THAT WAS RIGHT OR NOT.

edy attan 12-06-2012 10:57 PM

hi, sleepwalker
i got 94 S320.i have problemwith ASD light on.can u help me.and also did u havewiring diagram for my car.thks please replay to my email at edy_attan@yahoo.com