General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Brokn inside door handle C240

Old 09-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Default Brokn inside door handle C240

Does anyone know what I'm up against in repairing the passenger inside door handle on my 2003 C240 4dr?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Brokn inside door handle C240

I just noticed that this was posted in 2006.

Anyway, It took me a goodhour or so to replace theinside door handle. The handle itself was about $50 from the dealership. It comes with 3 parts. The handle itself, a screw for the bottom piece of the handle and a plastic piece that screws on to the top part of the handle from inside the door panel.

There are4 easy steps...
1. Remove the door panel
2. Remove the handle
3. Install the new handle
4. Install the door panel

REMOVE THE DOOR PANEL
-------------------------
From what I remember, I removed the lock latch cover first which was held on with a torx screw. Then I removed the SRS cover and removed the torx screw behind it. I removed the inside door handletop piecewhich just pops right off. Remove the torx screw and put it aside becuase you will use the new on that came with the new handle. Then I just popped off the inside door skin which is held on by plastic rivets of some kind.

REMOVE THE HANDLE
--------------------
Remove the little torx screws from the bottom part ofthe handle first, then twist the back part of the upper handle connection piece off.

Install the new handle and reverse the process to put it all back together.

I hope that helps...

Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Default 12-6-09 Replaced Passenger Inside Door Handle '02 C240

Completed in approximately 1/2 hour.

Need: Torque set, channel lock, small and wide screw drive, & New Door Handle Part

1st: Look over new door handle parts (new handle base, new handle top half and a couple of screws).

2nd: With wide screw driver pry the top part of broken handle - off.

3rd: There are two screws in the broken base that need to be removed with the proper size torque.

4th: With channel lock, forcefully remove broken base part. Be as careful as possible. (There are two very small screws from within, but not important.)

5th: With entire broken door handle removed, merely screw the new base with original screws, not ones they sent, and snap on the new top part.

Done...with less risk to any equipment such as power buttons & speakers, plus in 1/2 hour.