Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/)
-   -   BRAKE PAD...VISIT WORKSHOP.. (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/brake-pad-visit-workshop-26658/)

nkotecha 01-31-2008 08:02 AM

BRAKE PAD...VISIT WORKSHOP..

Hello Forum

My W215 CL500 came up with the message BRAKE PAD - VISIT WORKSHOP on the MFD a few days ago - SO assumed the pads and Discs (Rotors) needed changing - I decided to do this task myself.

Surely enough - once removed that Fronts pads and Discs (Rotors) had seen better days - so replaced, installing a New sensor.

The rears are fine.

AnywayI still get the message BRAKE PAD VISIT WORKSHOP on the MFD - so I replaced the Rear Sensor as well - and still there.

Any pointers what i could check - BTW - also plugged her into STAR - NO Faults anywhere!

Help

Nik (UK)

snanceki 01-31-2008 09:52 AM

RE: BRAKE PAD...VISIT WORKSHOP..

Brake reservoir fluid level OK?
Changed sensor on BOTH front brakes or does your vehicle only have it on one side (cost saving!)
Stuart

nkotecha 01-31-2008 02:27 PM

Yup - Brake Fluid Level OK - Sensors are one on each axle (one in Front and one in Rear) changed both of those - This is driving me crazy!

snanceki 01-31-2008 03:19 PM

Sure that there is only one sensor per axle?

Circuit is a simple loop. The sensor wire simply gets cut by the rotor.

Sometimes handbrake ON is also part of the circuit. Sure you have got the brake OFF?

Stuart

chassis221 01-31-2008 05:08 PM

maybe make sure sensor is pushed all the way into the connection for the sensor. sometimes it goes in a little tight. or the new sensor wire is broken?

nkotecha 02-01-2008 03:47 AM

Hey guys

I have replaced the sensors with 2 sets of new ones can confirm that ther is only one on each axle, and confirm that parking brake is NOT on

I am wondering if there is breakage in the wiring somewhere - will check soon

again thanks

Nik

snanceki 02-01-2008 03:52 AM

Hi,
Chassis221 may be spot on.
Were the sensors Genuine MB or some proprietary after market look alike part?
Maybe the connectors have not gone/been pushed pushed fully home.
As I stated the circuit is a simple loop so it should be relatively easy to do a bit of continuity testing.

Stuart

nkotecha 02-01-2008 03:57 AM

The Sensors are Genuine MB part - I also tried pushing as far as I could with hand - I will check for contunuity! - its a real shame a little issue like this takes so much time.

Again, thanks for your input and its forums like this this that give a better insite into issues

Regards

Nik

shelcurt 02-07-2008 10:14 PM

Do you have to replace the sensors during every change? And where can I find them?

stephen1 03-02-2008 01:49 PM

some mercsneed basic setting of brake pads after replacing on diagnstic tool