Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/)
-   -   accessory wire for amp (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/general-tech-5/accessory-wire-amp-8004/)

momss430 11-26-2005 03:01 PM

accessory wire for amp

Hey yall, havin a hell of a time with an '03 S55 AMG. I've installed a sub amp but i can not find an accessory wire to turn it on. Doe's anyone have an idea? the whole system runs on that Blue/Black D2B wire, but i understand i can not tap this. Is this correct? even if we add certin diodes in line? Thanks for the help.

-Kali

C280 wizard 11-26-2005 06:36 PM

RE: accessory wire for amp

I don't exactly understand "accessory wire" to tap into, are you talking about a pwer feed to run the amp? Isn't there a power wire lead on the amp? Where did you mount the amp? In the trunk?

sleepwalker 11-26-2005 10:20 PM

the sound system in that car is good enough already.

what is it that you are trying to do?

C280 wizard 11-28-2005 02:12 PM

I want to mount a small subwoofer inside the rear center armrest recess. It is sized so a small subwoofer can fit vetically inside the recess. This is what I want to do. But your correct the Bose speaker sound system is great, but it could use a bit more bass? Yes? I think the other poster wants to mount a big subwoofer in the trunk? I would side an open fuse and tap into that, I think there are some open fuses in the trunk fuse panels?

dondas 11-29-2005 03:24 AM

You could use the D2B wake up line to switch a relay to power your sub woofer. If you have a stacker, there are three wires running into it along with the optic fibres. there is a power, earth and also a D2B wake up signal (12V) which could also be used to trigger the sub woofer power supply.

It works a lot like an accessory wire. Use a relay with a high resistance to reduce the load on the wake up line.

You will still need to find a suitable power supply, but I'm sure you already know that!!

C280 wizard 11-29-2005 04:14 PM

I have a stacker and the lines running to it are orange (fiber optic) don't see a third, unless one of the lines to the changer/stacher is the D2B line, and the earth is grounded to the body somewhere?

fly_major_fly 11-29-2005 11:56 PM

if some kid is trying to install some kick-ass subwoofer that has the capability of blowing the skirt away from passer-by girls, then....they cannot tap into any existing power supply line. they have to run a dedicated line directly from the battery.

also....it is accustomary to include a large large capacitor to sustain the sudden pull of power.

i just dont understand why kids want to blow their ear drums with subwoofers and the expensive mods that go with it while a small screw-driver can do the job as good.

dondas 12-01-2005 11:29 PM

The stacker needs electricity to operate it. Electricity is not supplied by the orange optic fibres.

There is a three pin plug under the stacker near where the optiic fibres connect.