General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Radio Problems and Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Default Radio Problems and Oil Change

[align=left]July 12, 2008

Hi all-

I have a couple of tech related questions pertaining to my 2005 C230 MB Sports Coupe.

1. I was playing a CD with pretty heavy volume today (ok very loud) and then turned it down and it was working well. I returned home and turned off the car. About 20 mins later when I returned to the vehicle and started it - the radio does not turn on. I have tried pressing every button, etc. but with no luck. Is it possible that a fuse went? Do I need to take it in to a dealership to get this fixed or can I take it in to a less expensive service provider? Or am I just missing something? It has a radio with built in CD player. All the other dash items appear to be working and I can still put in and eject a CD.

2. I think I need to get an oil change. Can I take it into a Mr. Lube type of place or does it need to go into a Mercedes dealership? I have had the car for about 3 months now. It has about 40,000 miles on it. If I take it into the dealership, how much am I looking at paying? Is a tune up also recommended? How much would this cost?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jonathan
[/align][align=right] [/align]

Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Radio Problems and Oil Change

Jordan,

You need to take the car to either someone who is Bosch Certified or the dealership. You are not driving your mom's 10 year old Accord.

As for the radio, sorry but I can't help there

Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Default RE: Radio Problems and Oil Change

I can't help with the radio other than to tell you to take it to the dealer if you are under warranty. A check of the fuses wouldn't hurt.

As for the oil change I once took an MB to Mr. Lube. After making sure the quality of the oil and the proper oil filter were used, the cost was about the same as the dealer. Also, the drain plug was stripped by the part-time kid under the car and they typically do not know how to reset the dash computer. I always go to the dealer now.
Are you sure you need an oil change? You sound unsure. Has the dash computer indicated an "A" or "B" service is required? "A" is basically an oil change with a look around and "B" is an oil change with a longer look around and some replacement parts. If you are under warranty I strongly suggest you go to the dealer. A well maintained car will get more respect if potential warranty issues occur. Remember the service interval is 15000 km in Canada (9200mi).