Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, lighting effects and other exterior mods here.

Xenon HID Help Please..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Default Xenon HID Help Please..

I have just bought a 03 C32 and it doesn't come with xenon...so I bought the aftermarket xenon kit and hooked them up. The problem is: if I put the key in and keep it in standby mode, the light turns on fine. however, when I start the engine, the xenon lights flicker like a strobe light and after about 6 times, the xenon light turns off.
I was told that I have to bring it to the dealer to reprogram/activate the car to xenon.
Also I heard the electronic fuses take control of the signal lights, head lights and foglights and there is no "physical fuse" in fuse box for these lighting. The electronic fuse computer cut off the power as soon as it detected the "Xenon" lights consumer more power than the original lights "halogen". So the After market xenon will never work unless the the amps limits is changed.

Does that mean I have to bring it to dealer to "reprogram/activate" to provide more power to the headlight so that the xenon works?

Please help me. Thanks a million

Wdy in Seattle

Old 05-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Xenon HID Help Please..

yes.

take it to the dealer and tell them to perform "version coding".

choose "xenon headlamp unit".

Old 05-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Default RE: Xenon HID Help Please..

there are still blade fuses. check your fuse map under hood, as well as in pax compartment. the HIDs uses less wattage than halogen, though ti may draw more current upon start up (ergo the warm up time of approx 30-60 secs). not all ballasts are created equal: some will provoke the flickering and require coding change....some will not. depends on their internal, electrical design.

curious....do you have photo of your kit beam against a wall? would like to see the pattern it throws. tnx r-